X

what year parts are swapable on a 99 katana? Repairing a 99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what year parts are swapable on a 99 katana? Repairing a 99

I bought a wrecked 99 600 and need a ton of parts. What years should I be looking for? from what year to what year? Thanks
    Mario
    91 Katana 600

From the seat forward, all 98+ will fit. 98 - 02 tails will fit. 03+ will fit with some modification.

Long Live the D

Comment

What about frames? I have a wrecked 99 with tha cracked neck

Thanks
      Mario
      91 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by rpm9001
        What about frames? I have a wrecked 99 with tha cracked neck

Thanks
        98+
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

right up to 2007? Just want to make sure nothing is different and going to give me a problem.

Thanks
          Mario
          91 Katana 600

Comment

Yup, 98 to 07 will all work.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
              From the seat forward, all 98+ will fit. 98 - 02 tails will fit. 03+ will fit with some modification.
              Are you guys sure?

I though the front wheel was set up differently on the 98-02, something to do with the rotor's and spacings.
              Kyle

Comment

http://motos.pintendreautos.com/maitrea.html call these guys. they are very helpful

Comment

Yes, the front end is slightly different for sure, the front fender is different, the axle is different, I'm not sure about the wheel, calipers or rotors though.
                  Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                  18v Rigid Drill
                  Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                  New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by rpm9001
                    right up to 2007? Just want to make sure nothing is different and going to give me a problem.
                    Originally posted by ZukiFred
                    Yup, 98 to 07 will all work.

There is no '07 Katana!

Main frame: the engine will fit into every Kat 600 & 750 frame built between 88 and 06, although to retain the same shape as your model year requires 98 thru 06.

There is a change in the triple-tree spacing, front axle/brake mount configuration and the rear fairing + rear light set-up for the 03-06 models. The 98-00 models has the rear passenger footpeg mounts welded on as part of the frame; 01 & later have bolt-ons in the same place.

Note that the frame in general represents the VIN of the bike, and changing frames means you are changing VIN's. As a result, you need to make sure that the new frame's VIN is registerable and not listed as stolen/totaled/unrebuildable/etc.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X