X

New Rider wanting to "trick out" my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rider wanting to "trick out" my bike

I bought an '06 Katana 750 last October at age 39. I had never been a rider. I love my bike! I have thought about upgrading to a supersport (I really like the ZX-14) but why? I would like to customize my bike a little. Changing the taillights, maybe a fender eliminator, new wheels, etc...

The trouble is I have looked on many websites for parts compatible with the '06 Katana and there is not much out there. Any suggestions?

Here is a place that make undertails and huggers. They are in Brazil but I had no problem getting the parts and they look great.

For lighting try
    2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
    2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Well a short list.
      1. clear tail light with integrated turn signals - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQitemZ110111388004
      2. Chrome or dark smoke wind screen. - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQitemZ300095465259 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQitemZ110111830475
      3. And the solo Seat Cowl - http://www.braada.com/

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

You came to the right place to find mods and places things that you can upgrade. Search around this site because there are a ton of things you can upgrade...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

It's true you are limited to some of the things you can purchase for the katana. There are a million and one things you could do by fabricating and doing your own thing.

On another note. The Katana is a great bike. Please don't jump to an SS bike just because you can mod more on those than you can a Kat. You said this is your first bike. Get some experience, and what you can to the Kat. Even though you don't have the option of 3-4 different undertails and what not does not mean there isn't plenty of things you can still do to yout bike.

By the way. Welcome to KR

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

!

Originally posted by BlackburnD
            It's true you are limited to some of the things you can purchase for the katana. There are a million and one things you could do by fabricating and doing your own thing.

On another note. The Katana is a great bike. Please don't jump to an SS bike just because you can mod more on those than you can a Kat. You said this is your first bike. Get some experience, and what you can to the Kat. Even though you don't have the option of 3-4 different undertails and what not does not mean there isn't plenty of things you can still do to yout bike.

By the way. Welcome to KR
            I agree with this. I was blown away last year when I came across this site and realized everything that could be changed on the Kat.

Welcome to KR!
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

This site is nice. try to use the search on top and you will see alot of people who mod their bike. Also try ebay.com and I think the best non performance mod has to be the solo seat cowl. Here are some ideas mesh mod(how to section) Seat cowl,up graded tires,rear sprockets,stainless steel brake lines,indigo gauges. There is a start jst ask and someone on the board will know the answer or find someone who does. Congrats welcome and good luck.
              "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

To radically trick out your Katana you need only two things.. Power tools and the willingness to use them.

Welcome to KR, "kid"

Comment

Originally posted by jmanor010780
                  This site is nice. try to use the search on top and you will see alot of people who mod their bike. Also try ebay.com and I think the best non performance mod has to be the solo seat cowl. Here are some ideas mesh mod(how to section) Seat cowl,up graded tires,rear sprockets,stainless steel brake lines,indigo gauges. There is a start jst ask and someone on the board will know the answer or find someone who does. Congrats welcome and good luck.
                  Did I miss the site you gave? I don't see it in your post.

Comment

To all of you who posted on this topic: Thanks!! I was starting to get frustrated. Given the time and the $$ I will look into doing a lot of customizing. More for looks than performance. Hey...I'm 40 w/a family...I don't need to do 120+ MPH..........BUT I STILL WANT TO LOOK GOOD!

Comment

Aint that the truth. 8) But you can do 150 still if want.
                      We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                      Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by sacblk
                        To all of you who posted on this topic: Thanks!! I was starting to get frustrated. Given the time and the $$ I will look into doing a lot of customizing. More for looks than performance. Hey...I'm 40 w/a family...I don't need to do 120+ MPH..........BUT I STILL WANT TO LOOK GOOD!
                        The site he is referring to is this site Katriders.com. I know because I've searched and searched myself. This site is it... Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by tindallt
                          Aint that the truth. 8) But you can do 150 still if want.
                          On a track of course
                          We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                          Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

jdacustom.com They have a wide assortment of aluminum parts from heelguards which I ordered yesterday to chain guards.
                            Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
                            http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
                            http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

I carry solid billet tire valves (lifetime use & bling value), mirror extenders (mate to the base of the mirrors to shove them out a bit over 3/4" further out), raised Katana emblems to replace your Katana decals (or the European-style GSXF emblems -- but I have the last pair known to exist), Ohlins top-of-the-line rear shocks with dual remote adjusters (last batch on earth as well), Ohlins fork springs (improve front end response and reduce dive), oil temp gauges specifically for the Kats, etc., etc.

HS2020 carries HEL brand Stainless Steel brake lines and can probably also get you kevlar braided lines if you really want to go overboard. I understand he also has carbon loraine brake pads available.

Corbin.com makes a great aftermarket saddle to replace the stock seat.

Givi makes hardsided luggage for the Kats (although finding the racks is getting progressively harder and harder).

And that's just scratching the surface...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X