X

Just installed XM radio on my Katana.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MD player

I installed a Mini Disc player on my bike. I mounted it under the seat behind the battery and I kept runnign into an issue with it just cutting off. I rana exteneded headphone jack to the fron and it looked as if it were part of my dash. ESD mad the player fail so I would not reccomend this route. I removed the speakers from a Sony pair of head phones. They are fairly large headphones... Bought them from walmart for like 20 bucks.. Heres the link.. http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/02/72/42...59_150X150.jpg

And basicly placed them inside the helmet and they sounded great. I will upgrade to a better stereo on the tripple tree though
    Some people grow big and tall and some stay the same... My 600 grew 527cc's by high school and stayed the same size. He use to get bullied by a few people:

Jigzer and Shrad were brothers
    Charlie Brown Rodjers also known as CBR
    Kall Asaki from Japan

I'm not a racer but at a stop light Jigzer pulled up and so did Shrad. They reved their engines....
    The light changes to green light so we ride...
    Then they read my license plate and it says
    " KATchup "

Comment

It looks great, Zack.
      I plan on hooking up some tunes this winter, but decided to go with an mp3 player.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

guess i'm taking the easy route. i just picked up a wireless remote for my ipod, water-proof, velcroed onto my bike

Comment

Originally posted by schlagdogg
          guess i'm taking the easy route. i just picked up a wireless remote for my ipod, water-proof, velcroed onto my bike
          Someone stole my wireless Griffin iPod remote off the bike too! Damn bastigs!

Since then, I switched from a bigger iPod to one of the 1Gb iPod Shuffle units, so I only load tunes I really want to hear (and it's so small that it's virtually unnoticable in my pocket -- think pack of wrigley's gum). My main reason for the swap had nothing to do with the size though -- it had to with the fact that the shuffle has a signicantly longer battery life than the 3rd Gen iPod I had (even with new batteries in the 3G) -- I was running the batteries dry on the old one by the time I got to Atlanta on the way to the gap...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

This looks like the thing to do. Makes long rides more enjoyable if you have your tunes. The down side is I'm military so I have to think about the repercusions of if I should get in an accident and I have this item in my ear.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Originally posted by schlagdogg
              Someone stole my wireless Griffin iPod remote off the bike too! Damn bastigs!

Since then, I switched from a bigger iPod to one of the 1Gb iPod Shuffle units, so I only load tunes I really want to hear (and it's so small that it's virtually unnoticable in my pocket -- think pack of wrigley's gum). My main reason for the swap had nothing to do with the size though -- it had to with the fact that the shuffle has a signicantly longer battery life than the 3rd Gen iPod I had (even with new batteries in the 3G) -- I was running the batteries dry on the old one by the time I got to Atlanta on the way to the gap...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              doesn't the ipod have the option of running of a cig lighter?
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                doesn't the ipod have the option of running of a cig lighter?
                Yes, and I tried that, but ran into problems... Goes like this:

(A) I don't like to be teathered to the bike by any cables (period). Plugging the iPod in my pocket into a charger hooked to an cig lighter socket violates that. So I...

(B) Figured out how to get the signal from the iPod to my helmet wirelessly, put the iPod under the seat and hooked it up the cig lighter there. Only to find that in the Florida summer, combined with the engine temps, the iPod was getting way too hot... AND the extra power-draw on the iPod for the transmitter & wireless remote, it was draining the battery faster than it was charging (odd, that). Checking it out further, it was the temps the iPod was exposed to that were problematic. So I...

(C) Looked at additional battery systems for the iPod 3G that hook to it to provide a secondary piggy-back power source. I did find one that would literally run the thing for an added 40-60 hours (for about $99), but it was hefty in size (as you might imagine -- slightly bigger than the big iPod itself) and that price was higher than what I'd pay for a shuffle. I also found a smaller unit that took 4 "AA" batteries -- but then found out after I got it that once the battery in the iPod is dead, the secondary unit doesn't do diddley squat (it augments the onboard battery -- you should run the secondary unit concurrently before the iPod runs down). Appears this also played a factor in the charger issue I ran into before -- shouldn't wait until it dies before using the charger. So I...

(D) Replaced the iPod 3G's internal battery with a higher Amp-Hour unit (the highest rated one available), and it helped, but not enough for my tastes, since some days I'm literally on the road for 14 hours. So I...

(E) Looked closely at the 1Gb Shuffle, realized 14-1/2 hours of tunes almost perfectly matched my maximum seat-time, and a 10 to 14 hour battery life matched my typical power needs. At $86 delivered for the 1Gb iPod Shuffle, it was the right priced solution too, and bonus: it's tiny in my pocket. Plus, I found a 2-AAA battery piggy-back power-pack for it that isn't any bigger than another pack of gum either (and $10 delivered!), that will double the battery life. And that's where I'm at.
                Although I'm really tempted by the newer, smaller 2nd generation 1Gb iPod Shuffle ($74 with a free wall charger & free FM transmitter at MacMall); the lack of an external battery accessory will keep me at bay for now.

Now the old 20Gb iPod acts as a back-up repository (you mac users know you can boot your macs from any iPod big enough to hold a copy of the OS, right?) and has tunes, but is mostly used by my other half for tunes.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X