2up Riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi
    new member here doing some research on a first bike

i thought this 2 up conversation might be a good place to start as i weight about as much or more as most 2 up situations at 415lbs or so

ex college OL guy here
    i am looking for something with fairly standard ergos and something that can suspension wise can take my poundage

6'5

first bike
    the 750 fits better ergo for me than the 600 but i have read all of the new riders shouldn't get a 600+ cc bike

ideas?
    suggestions
    not interested in cruiser bikes at all
    the ergos on them do not work for me at all
    plus--just aint my style

i am not planning on ripping to 200mph or seeing how far i can get on my side carving the corners
    i just want to ride and possibly commute occasionally

Comment

The 750 should be fine for you to start on ... Mine has no trouble with my wife and I ... I am 215 6'3" and she is ... Im not that stupid ... You'll be fine... just mind the throttle while learning ... and Kats weight will be no trouble for an Offensive Lineman ...
      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by Brian_M
        I ride 2up with my girlfriend a lot, and it's usually fun but I get uncomfortable on the bike a lot quicker with the added weight and pressure that gets put on my wrists and back. 2up on an interstate or highway is no problem but stop and go gets tiresome after a little while

Have her put one hand on the tank and the other around your waist. That's the best thing to do next to having her sit up straight and hold onto the grab bar.
        2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Working...
        X