No announcement yet.
X

2up Riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ALWAYS ride with my significant other. Actually, I have no choice in the matter as it controls the throttle and front braking

As for passengers, there is a HOT little blonde that recently started at the same gym that would look awesome on the back of my kat !!!
    Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
      As for passengers, there is a HOT little blonde that recently started at the same gym that would look awesome on the back of my kat !!!
      Is her Name Range?
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
        Is her Name Range?
        Don't be stupid...you know her name is Rosey.

Comment

Is Rosey Ranges female name?
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Last year, my sis's friend was visiting and wanted a ride on my bike. I tried to gently and politely tell her no, but she kept hounding me about it..so finally I said OK, just up n down the street real quick..Thank god that's all it was..she was so outta whack and sat stiff as a board that I couldnt even move. Once was enuff, no more.

Now crunchie, thats a different story..she's a vet at riding w/ me. she knows what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. Plus an extra set of eyes, on the lookout for obstacles in the road, other cagers, and cops, always helps too.

Comment

I have to say, some people are just naturals on the back of a bike. That redhead I was dating last summer is one. From the moment she jumped on she caught on to it. She never rode before except for a short ride on a harley.
              The boys at the Ottawa rallie can vouch for this....we were rolling through the curves and I had absolutely no prob keeping up with the pack. She went for some serious riding as a passenger that day.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Is her Name Range?
                nope, no mullet
                Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I enjoy 2 up. Riding alone gets boring after a while, and I jump at the chance to take my wife out for a ride. She's become such a good rider (after learning to ride a motorcycle herself) that it's a really enjoyable experience. With anyone else, I just give them a quick, but detailed, pre-ride briefing to get the important do's and don'ts out of the way. If they're still squirmy back there, I just goose the throttle a tad, usually gets them to quit moving around.

Comment

BlackFalcon loves to ride with me. Getting pretty good at it. Always alert and not squirley. I have to be very mindful of the torque, though. I have yet to get Lisa on the back. She's tall and thinks she's going to look goofy back there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Jeez people ! I LOVE taking someones cherry away ! But you gotta brief the person before hand so they know what NOT to do more than what TO do . Like Mojoe mentioned , the popping up in turns , that's about the worst thing a passenger could do . My little sister did that to me the first time I took her for a ride . She's tiny , and she STILL almost made us go off-roading . Once I explained to her that she almost killed us with that move , the rest of the ride was fine . And the grin on her face when we got home ! THAT'S what I love about taking someone for a ride ! I've taken a few friends on short rides . They want to see how fast a bike can go , so I tell them to hold on tight and show them . They always seem amazed !
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Is her Name Range?
                        nope, no mullet
                        Hahahaha.......Is her name Bill?
                        Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

i'm still a little nervous riding by myself, don't need to add to it.

www.vwvortex.com
                          I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                          Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            Like Mojoe mentioned , the popping up in turns , that's about the worst thing a passenger could do . My little sister did that to me the first time I took her for a ride . She's tiny , and she STILL almost made us go off-roading .
                            Cool...someone else who has experienced that horror. Unless you have actually had someone do that on the back of your bike, you can't possibly understand the effect it has on control. I agree...it is the worst thing they can do aside from just straight out knocking you off the bike and taking over.
                            How fast have you taken a passenger for a ride md86? One of my exes loved speed. I took her up to 260kph. That was the limit for her because she was only like 5'1 and 100lbs. Her ass would lift off the seat.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I´m really used to dual rides!! And Cristina too!!:
                              PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I've taken Kim out a few times when she didn't want to ride her own bike or when it was in the shop. I don't mind it at all, but I'd still rather not.

Kim is an excellent passenger and she got the "hang on" and "lean" portion of being a passenger while we had our quad. Talk about lean or die - quads teach you how to ride and move your butt, real fast........

The bike rides smoother with her on the back, but the added weight of a passenger makes the bike sluggish and feel heavier to me.

Before she had her own bike, we went out a fair amount and I had no problem with it at all. We have a blast together, but ideally, I'd prefer we be on our own bikes and I'm sure she agrees.

I can understand that some people don't want to mess with passengers, but when it's your S.O it can be a LOT of fun to share the experience together.
                                Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X