What demo rides have you done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batgirl
    Buell...it ran out of gas in the woods outside Mosport Track
    Is that what he told you? Nice to know that line still works on some girls.

Comment

Kat, Ruin, VFR800, Ducati Multistrada, VTX, Shadow, 954, R1, several others.
      If it's used and at the dealership, I'm going riding
      If it's new and the dealer lets you test drive, I'm going riding

Still have to hit the BMW dealership one of these days.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yamaha Thundercat, TRX and Thunderace in Jerez Track.
        Harley Fat Boy with a lot of ScreaminŽEagles goodies on it in 16 minutes ride.
        Honda, several, VFR800, CBR 954, VTR SP2 and next 12 March I will test ride a 2005 Honda CBR1000RR in the Honda Day, and I would try to test ride the Paneuropean too.
        PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

SV-650

Got to test ride a SV-650. Nice, but now they call everyday asking when I am going to buy it.
          Rain or Shine, Onward I ride..........

Comment

Re: SV-650

Originally posted by texaskatrider
            Got to test ride a SV-650. Nice, but now they call everyday asking when I am going to buy it.
            Never give them your real phone number... Fax numbers are particularly good to discourage such practices

Grins
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

phone number.......

Cyber, I had no choice since I have bought a four wheeler and two other bikes from the same shop......
              Rain or Shine, Onward I ride..........

Comment

Dealer test rides:

Used GSXR 1100 - fun, but a bit slow to turn in.... probably due to the 190+ rear tire that was fitted, fast though.

Honda Super Chicken - fit me really well, easy to ride, sounds good. I honestly thought it was not *that* fast when I rode one.

Friends rides:

Yamaha Genesis 600 - slow, small, tired - great beginner bike

HD FSXTDGLRDFHRKJ or whatever the designation for a soft tail is these days... his had the dum@ss ape hangers. I really felt as if I could not corner this bike what so ever.

The local dealers are not big on test rides, I was hoping to score a ride on a Fizzer 1K...
                I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane

HD FSXTDGLRDFHRKJ or whatever the designation for a soft tail is these days... his had the dum@ss ape hangers. I really felt as if I could not corner this bike what so ever.
                  Can I buy a vowel ?

Comment

I've done the Ducati 999 and 650 Burgman scooter at the local dealer last year. Otherwise, I rode a few bike at the Honda Hoot a couple years ago. I think Buell's XB models and the Triumph Daytona 600. Then, a friend let me ride his '04 R1 a the KP rally last year.
                    '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

i test rode a GIxxxxxxer !1000! i thought it was going to pul my arms outta the socket. it was very hospitible around town though. i liked it. i wanted it.
                      NEVER rub another man's Rhubarb

Comment

I rode a 996 Superhawk around for about 30 minutes. Nice bike, very comfortable except the bars were just a tad too far forward for my smerf arms.

Also took a 900S Monster out for an afternoon. Again, nice bike but I liked my old '69 Sportster motor better...it was smoother!
                        My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Working...
                        X