Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Just ordered a Corbin seat, how is it for the passenger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered a Corbin seat, how is it for the passenger?

I just placed a order for a Corbin Gunfighter seat with Yellow Welts to match the factory graphics. I have heard some good things about the seat, but unsure how good the passenger seating area is..?? I purchased the seat more for my wife than I. Anyone got any comments on the Corbin for two up?

I don't have one but I have heard nothing but positive about the Corbin and most people get it exactly for that reason (the passenger).
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Corbin is really comfy for passenger. Add the backrest and it is even better!!! The bonus of your passenger having free hands adds to their enjoyment!

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
        Corbin is really comfy for passenger. Add the backrest and it is even better!!! The bonus of your passenger having free hands adds to their enjoyment!
        assuming he purchased the backrest. it is a pricey option you have to purchase seperate. I have one and never use it. I don't like the way it looks UNLESS I have my givi luggage installed.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

My wife won't ride with me unless I have the Corbin on. She loves it!!!!

Mojoe - I thought you were gonna sell that backrest.
          2005 Aprilia RST1000
          2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
          1998 Chevy Tahoe
          www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
            Originally posted by mx916
            assuming he purchased the backrest. it is a pricey option you have to purchase seperate. I have one and never use it. I don't like the way it looks UNLESS I have my givi luggage installed.

If you are instrested in selling that back rest let me know. I didn't get it because $230 is a little steep for me after spending 300 on a whole seat.

Thanks for the input guys. I sure she will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKat
              Mojoe - I thought you were gonna sell that backrest.

I thought about it. Like I said, the only time I use it is when I have my givi luggage on. and even then I have the givi backrest that goes with it.
              If I sell it, I would like to sell it with the seat.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I can get you an alternative backrest that works with the Corbins for about $140 if you're interested.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My last passenger LOVED the Corbin .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    I can get you an alternative backrest that works with the Corbins for about $140 if you're interested.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

I maybe intrested in that. I was looking on ebay and there were a hand full of corbin backrest on there. I was curious if they would work with the my seat

Comment

They should work -- but double check with the seller to get it in writing before you bid.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I just have to say... My wife loves the Corbin with the backrest. No more holding on like a baby monkey on mommas back for her. It is the best. We ride for hours and I have to reach down and touch her knee every now and then to make sure she's still there. 8) World of difference. Before and after every ride though, TIGHTEN the backrest screw , it sometimes works loose through a long ride. Don't want her bouncing down the highway. I have the Carbon Fiber Oval bac. Some closeup pics are in my Profile.
                        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by JaxKat
                          I just have to say... My wife loves the Corbin with the backrest.
                          If you end up adding the Givi hardbags, then she'll also have hand-holds directly to the left and right (the handles on the bags are in the perfect position for the rear passenger to use them in place of a grabrail).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just an FYI. I sold my kat and could not cancel my corbin order so I will have a brand new seat forsale soon. I ordered it last week and they told me it would take 3 weeks to get it.... If anyone is interested in it please PM me. Seat is all black with black welts.

Comment

"how is it for the passenger?" Well, as you can read in the other posts in this thread, the passenger seating is just excellent. The improvement for passengers over the stock seat is so big that my wife forbids me to drive with our daughter (9 years old), unless I first put on the Corbin with the backrest. And why isn't the Corbin always in place then... hmm I sometimes switch back and forth between the two seats, just for... well, I don't know, maybe just to be happily surprised everytime I decide to go back to Corbin

Comment

Working...
                              X