X

How to dress up a yellow katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to dress up a yellow katana?

My katana is yellow, the 2002 scheme with the yellow tail and grey lower fairing. I was wondering what you guys have done to yours to make it look a little better. I'm stuck between 2 different ways to do the bike, I could add chrome/polished accessories to it or I can add the smoked/tinted ones to it (like the windscreen, lights, etc). I want to hear some of your guy's ideas of what would look good on a yellow katana

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

in my opinion, the best way to dress up a yellow Kat, is to paint it black.

Now if your intent is to keep it yellow..I would suggest you go with black accents.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
      haha...dont hate :P

I like the yellow. I would say, probably smokee/tinted would be better. It is a contrasting color, which is what you probably want. chrome looks better with darker colors.
      Roops Photography|facebook|
      03 GSXR 1000
      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I like the yellow. I would say, probably smokee/tinted would be better. It is a contrasting color, which is what you probably want. chrome looks better with darker colors.
        What! Are we interior decorators know? Contrast? Please don't let me here mauve, teal and crap like that next. Primary colors only please.

Comment

You can always go the carbon fiber route on some accessories. And black on the others. That's just me I personally hate chrome. The windscreen cheap and cool is the fusion spray paint finish Just remember to paint from the inside. I did mine black on the outside with a blue backing coat.
          Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
          http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
          http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

Get a gold or silver windscreen, clear signals, and a braada solo cowl.
            Kyle

Comment

Yes black I think looks nice with yellow.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

I think I might go ahead and go with the smoked/blacked out look. How about the stripes that are on the bike, should I take those off? I might clean it up a bit

2002 Katana 600
                1999 Ford F150

Comment

personally, as far as carbon fiber is concerned, unless it is REAL, then it's GAY. So if you dress up your bike with fake carbon fiber....well......it won't impress me none.
                  But then again, I am just one guy and I am sure your goal is not to impress me alone.

However, gunmetal is a really nice color to go with yellow, as is charcol or something like that. you know....dark gray metalics. About 6-7 years ago my dad did a 69 camaro in yellow with the two larhe stripes on the hood in gunmetal, as well as the word "camaro" on the side. I think it had a stripe on the side as well, but I can't remember for sure. anyway, it was an awesome combo. Black is also nice, but more common probably.....and common is not always a good thing if you like to be different.

just don't go crazy with fake carbon fiber. I have seen bikes with cf on the flashers, mirrors, clutch and brake levers and such.....and well.....I just think it looks too fake. but like I said, that's just me.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I agree I don't like the fake printed stuff it doesn't look anything like the real stuff. The guy I bought the bike from actually told me if he were to keep it he was going to cover the entire bike in the cf vinyl which would look like crap

2002 Katana 600
                    1999 Ford F150

Comment

ok...maybe I crossed the line by saying fake cf is gay, but it just doesn't look right. at least none that I have seen.....including the levers I got for xmas that will NEVER go on any of my bikes.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by chinto

Now if your intent is to keep it yellow..I would suggest you go with black accents.
                        Thats what I was gonna say when I saw the thread....Black all the way

Comment

I would if I could, my other 2 bikes were black before this one but I like the yellow and painting would be too spendy anyways

2002 Katana 600
                          1999 Ford F150

Comment

Uh guys they don't make a lot of the parts in Carbon. All I could find that is real is the gauge cover, triple tree cover and filler top cover all of which I grabbed. That is it! Care to name some places that sell more real stuff for the 98+ because I would be all over it!
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

I don't have a yellow Kat, but if I did I honestly think I would go with a deep purple.... Decals, or something. I think yellow and deep purple looks pimp. just my opinion.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Working...
                              X