X

Air horns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air horns

I got a set of two dual tone air horns plus compressor from autozone. I thought it would be great to mount them to my bike (98 Kat 600) Only problem is I cant think of a good place to put them. I found that I could fit one behind each rear fairing on the sides, as they bubble out a little. If I do that though, I have to buy longer hose, which takes more time to pressurize, which takes longer to make noise. They are also very muffled behind the fairings.

Long story short...... Anyone know of a good place to put these that I could also have the compressor relatively close to? I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out today only to scrap it because I dont do things half assed.
    Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Contact Speede or Beekman. I think one of them as done it or knows a good palce to mount them. I think Meanstrk did it on his old school kat.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

wow air horns!!! yeah, that'll get their attention!!

Comment

The airhorns they have are a different type. Mount right up front.

Beek got this type, and this is the type I am looking at getting..

It says for motorhome, RV, whatever, but they will fit up front of the bike NP, pm beek if you want pics of it, and also for more details.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

why not mount the compressor under the tail as well?
          PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
          The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Beekman has a loud as hell set on his bike. Makes the Freeway blaster sound like a fart. Even scares himself everytime it goes off. He ran a separate fused 20A circuit and used the original circuit to activate the new relay.

Hmm you took the words out of my mouth Beek
            Bike is sold

Comment

I know Malloc has a set inside his 98+ fairings, but they were kind of mounted in haphazardly. Personally, I'm quite content with the Freeway Blaster, which is a 132 Db horn that mounts in the stock horn position.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
                why not mount the compressor under the tail as well?
                Anyway I saw possible to mount the compressor in the tail would have been half assed with zip ties or something....maybe if I cant think of anything else.

Comment

Looks neat.

I have a high tone and a low tone 130db freeway blaster set, powered by a relay. It sounds like my grammas old '74 Plymouth Fury and it's loud as he||.

I made a custom bracket that holds one horn under each fairing behind the directional signals and the output is directed at the fender.
                  Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Here's where I mounted my mini dual airhorn. It just fits inside the fairing (removed in the pic) and is loud as hell like Spedee says. Took awhile to perfect the bracket.
                    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Hey Dagger969- I don't know which horns you have, but I assume they look like smaller versions of the big chrome ones on semi's. Have you looked at the frame rails in front of the engine? Below the oil cooler? I haven't tried to do this myself, but reading your post and thinking about it, that might be a possibility. The ones I have seen are red plastic, but depending on what color your bike is, you could just spray paint them black to hide them. Just a thought.

Here is another idea that just hit me looking at Beekman's photo. Still assuming they are the smaller "semi" version..... what about hose clamping them (or fabbing a bracket) to the front forks between the upper and lower triple trees? Just another thought.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
                        Hey Dagger969- I don't know which horns you have, but I assume they look like smaller versions of the big chrome ones on semi's. Have you looked at the frame rails in front of the engine? Below the oil cooler? I haven't tried to do this myself, but reading your post and thinking about it, that might be a possibility. The ones I have seen are red plastic, but depending on what color your bike is, you could just spray paint them black to hide them. Just a thought.

Here is another idea that just hit me looking at Beekman's photo. Still assuming they are the smaller "semi" version..... what about hose clamping them (or fabbing a bracket) to the front forks between the upper and lower triple trees? Just another thought.
                        Good thoughts....and yes they are the red ones you speak of.. Thanks for the pictures and ideas guys, I really appreciate it!

Comment

This is a mod I never considered doing..thanks for the info beek, on the mounting !

Comment

Working...
                          X