X

seat from an 06 fit a 1998 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat from an 06 fit a 1998 ?

I have a 1998 Katana and the seat has a texture to it that is sort of rough like long underwear, I was wondering if any of the newer seats have a smooth leather like texture and if any other years would fit ? Thanks , this could be my first modification !!

They sure do. And I have a spare 05 seat.
    Bike is sold

Comment

The 1998 through 2006 seats are all interchangable. Some have smooth vinyl, some have that stupid no-slip texture that holds rainwater particularly well...

There are also aftermarket options, such as the corbin saddle, which offer a broader, flat seat with a denser foam, so your weight spreads out over your entire butt and upper thighs instead of just the center (search KR for Corbin or go directly to their website at www.corbin.com).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        some have that stupid no-slip texture that holds rainwater particularly well...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        like my corbin. and the saddle being a little more concave than a stock seat, I usually have a puddle if it is on the centerstand. still messy enuff on the sidestand. that design should be shelved.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
          Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          some have that stupid no-slip texture that holds rainwater particularly well...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          like my corbin. and the saddle being a little more concave than a stock seat, I usually have a puddle if it is on the centerstand. still messy enuff on the sidestand. that design should be shelved.
          Really? I haven't had that problem with my corbins on either of the 98+ Kats (although I did have it on the Honda Shadow because of the stitching in the center of the seat panel).
          But the material of the OEM Suzuki 98-02 Katana seats really sucks in that sense -- tiny triangular pyramids in both directions (up & down) act like a catch tray for everything -- even with a towel, you'd be hard-pressed to get all the rain water out of the tiny valleys. At least Suzuki realized it and changed the design for the later models...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee

How much for that spare speedee and does it include the bottom parts that latch to the seat?
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Sold the 05 seat.

Originally posted by katanasoldier
              Originally posted by Spedee

How much for that spare Spedee and does it include the bottom parts that latch to the seat?
              Bike is sold

Comment

Also have this 2001 seat for sale

Bike is sold

Comment

seat from an 06 fit a 1998 ?

Consider me first for dibs on the 05 seat !!!!

my first mod !!

Comment

Re: seat from an 06 fit a 1998 ?

SOLD

Originally posted by EXHDsportster
                    Consider me first for dibs on the 05 seat !!!!

my first mod !!
                    Bike is sold

Comment

That was quick. I have a nice spare seat but have to attach that metal piece on the bottom that clicks in.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                      X