No announcement yet.
X

shes near to completion - and up for sale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck brother! The bike is coming along splendidly! Hope you can get it going soon I want to see it in rolling form!

Comment

aaah im getting there dude just a few teething problems... but hey rome wasnt built in a day

i just ordered a full front fairing for her i plan to modify that slightly though, the bike been 21 years old the front has a slightly dated look ( dunno if you seen the slabsider in full clothing - slabsider not sure youll be farmiliar with that term either?? just a name given to the bike for its slabsided panneling!) anyway the front has 2 really outdated looking spotlight headlights wich im gonna fiber glass over the hole and mould in two smaller spotlights one above the other rather like on the newer model ducati's

here you can see that the clipon bars have gone back on..... i wasnt really happy with the riding position of the renthal handlebars youll also notice ive started to fit the exhaust..... its an oval remus can i stubbied just ned to make it fit .... my link pipe is a tad too small for it, but it WILL go on

i have just received my rear disc in the post and also have a new set of footpegs and hangers as i snapped mine dropping her the rear light will be one from a pre 98 gsx600f as it fits perfectly under the unit and looks reet snug! i will fit flush indicators to the tail section and to the front fairing and i should soon have some newer 3 spoke wheels on her too from a friends rf600
      i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Will you please get a better camera!!
        For all we know this could be a cardboard cut out painted to look like a slabby

Comment

lol...... camera fones dont ya just love em!! lol

Comment

knocked up a rear light out ov a few bits found scavaging in me mates yard

flatsides are in CV's are out !!

view from the cockpit.... mounted the speedo and idiot lights today.... thats all that will sit there!

my next job is to make the exhaust system all fit together without the gaps!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbike-r

my next job is to make the exhaust system all fit together without the gaps!
              Yeah and maybe without the wire tie??

An get rid of that naff Kat master cylinder!

Comment

Just get rid of the mid-pipe and weld the muffler directly to the header It will make right hand turns much more fun.

Its been fun watching your project come along. Keep up the good work.

Comment

blackpete...... rid of wire tie??? nah there all the rage here
                  gonna keep that naff kat cylinder cos i got a fluid clutch to fit to the bike and the master cylinder for that matches the brake one! but who knows..... in the near future maybe ill grab a little chrome aftermarket goodie to sit up there!

gimpala........ the origional plan was for the silencer to sit on the header but it didnt sit quite right on the eye, so i searched all over for that there bit of midpipe.... and by hell she will fit! ive got it tucked in there quite snug i reckon a series of notches and then overlap each piece will make the diameter smaller and then a exhaust clip over the top to tidy it all up..... my mates done the same to his and it looks good!

Comment

oooooooh came today.... you'll have to use your imaginations on the rizla color as its just jetblack at mo but will look the muts nuts when sprayed up

so what do ya think.... gotta do sommat with that frontlight too.... but youll see that when its done an itll look mooooooch betta

Comment

I thought it was gonna be a street fighter!?!?!

Comment

and now i put to you the question.... what is a streetfighter??

anyhoo its gonna be built so it looks sweet and tidy with the fairing off as it does on im gonna be using 2 spotlight headlamps small ones one on top of other integrated into the fairing and will look as good on as off

but if you define streetfighter nowadays yoll see that there are no laws on what a streetfighter should look like other than a modified to look mean!! wich it will anyway, but!!! streetfighter or not i aint bothered its sommat im hab=vin fun building lol

Comment

Dude, You know I mean no offense, but you hade that bug eye front fairing going on and your concept drawing looked nice! You know I'm the last person who will criticize yourideas!!

Comment

haha i didnt mean that to come out all defensive pete, sorry!!

that origional drawing i did all those many many moons ago now will still stick just not on this bike...lol

what i want is a fully fared race rep kinda bike and a streetfighter i decided mid way through the build that i was gonna get this bike lookin sweet then stick a faring on... why well i thought how many bikes do you see that you can pull off the fairing and theres a nicely pollished clean as hell engine sat there, not many ill bet ....

the other thing is... through my lifetime i wanna collect the full gsxr range so i have a race rep slabby i will build a streetfightered up slingshot like the origional idea i had for this one, i want a SRAD and then a K series maybe a k4 or sommat thats the plan anyhoo!!!

at some point in there ill be wanting a rd350lc
                            and a yamaha ow48 cos theyre so god darn sexy.... with that little lot ill die a happy man indeed..... hopefully riding one

i know your not critiscisin pete! and if ya was your input would be apreciated anyhow m8

Comment

Ahhhh Elise... hey you have a link to local (to you) online motorcycle classifieds?

Like this:

Comment

erm.... dunno bike trader the best thing its a weekly catalogue of used bikes for sale i think there website is http:www.biketrader.com or .co.uk??? ill check for you

nope this is there website for the bike section

tis full of lurvly bikes new old scrap projects etc

Comment

Working...
                                X