• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread pirates aye
    i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

• this is my aim for the moment...
      not too different although obviouse changes are the ugly big ass srad seat unit is going going gone to make way for something more inkeeping and the fairing i was thinking of cutting a little though not sure about going round the clutch cover but i do like the hard edged corner more rounded and the bits that fold in over the top of the engine, gone. im on the prowl for a new exhaust system or just the end can and link pipe

done away with the nos bottle catch tank and it will now sit under the seat unit ....

want it to look like a xr51

a lot like this one-

so at the moment the fairing and everything is off and im hoping to get some one to weld the subframe to the frame rather than having it bolt on or at least have some lugs welded on for better looks
      she now sits in my yard like this

not started her up in a while but was surprised how easy it fired off first attempt! it usually takes 30mins of bumping off lol

anyways you probably guessed im keeping her now and not selling now. cant accept such low offers and not worth the hassle as this bike does hold a sentimental value and i reckon im better off with a slabby than without one....... who knows .... many moons (decades more likely) when its finished perhaps it will even roll up to a OSS party but till that time comes and funds can roll in to fund parts she will just sit alone and depressed wishing she was out at shows and blasting round some twisty back roads like all slabbys should be

Comment

• wow actuall got to the shed this morn without god pissin on me or chucking lightenein rods at my ass!!

so this is the standard slabby mid pannel..... but Mr grinder came out to play

and this is the rounded off one i have done... shows a sneak peak of the top of the rocker cover when on.

spot the difference before and after shot

this is the fiber glass nose cone part to round off the nose i have been struggling with

and all the parts ready to be assembled again.

Comment

• new seat unit origionally from a 750 ex TT slabby
          Attached Files

Comment

• causing me problems now is the insert to smoothe off and round the nose cone ..... something ive been working on for ages... since before the barbeque even.....
            i have it the right shape to fit now, im gonna get it all bondo'd and then sand it all back smooth and then put some fiber glass resin over that then sand and carry on the process till its all smooth and flush

this is the insert shaped and temporarily bolted in place

and on the bike

and the side profile to show the new rounded - ness of it all

Comment

Working...
            X