Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

HP/Torque 0-60/Quarter Mile Numbers. Where are they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
    Alright buddy, the bike was a goddam miracle! Get your carbs sorted (I never had a jet kit, and never synched mine, btw, just changed the mains), change the sprocket, do whatever you have to do. Get about 100 more runs under your belt, and then let me know what you think.

You're right, MPH don't come out of your ***, but they can come out of your technique, and your method.

Remember, Ricky Gadson ran an 05 R6 to the tune of 9.98 @ 132...... on a bike that by the mags runs 10.85 @ 123....... almost a full second faster, and 9mph higher than other PRO riders!

Tell him that talent/experience/method doesn't make a difference, it's just about the bike......
    look at gadsons 60ft vs the mags 60ft
    1989 katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by frosti108 View Post
      look at gadsons 60ft vs the mags 60ft
      I can't find the 60ft for the mags, but I doubt that 1.54 seconds for Gadson was a full second quicker than the mags......
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

lol dont compare yourself to gadson.

and we dont have the same bikes. mine has never run right since the day i bought it. im just now beginning to work at making it right. assuming im a bad rider is insulting ...you realize that right?
        1989 katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by frosti108 View Post
          lol dont compare yourself to gadson.

and we dont have the same bikes. mine has never run right since the day i bought it. im just now beginning to work at making it right. assuming im a bad rider is insulting ...you realize that right?
          Like I said, if I'm calling you a bad rider, then I'm calling a LOT of people at the track bad riders, and I don't think that. I think your racing needs work. If it's your first time to the track with that bike, then it should need work. I'd proclaim you the next Rossi if you went out and did a 10.9 on a stock kat on your first try. How about you turn it around, and stop claiming that you're running it perfectly, and that it's all the bike's fault that you're barely out of the 12's, and take some well-deserved responsibility yourself! If you get 2 seasons of racing in and you still pull s**t times with it, THEN I'll call you a bad rider. What I'm telling you now is to work on your f**king riding. I'm no pro, but I've taken a LOT of runs down the strip, and I've spent a LOT of time at the track...... I'm no Gadson but I'm no f**king idiot! It's your first time racing, and on a bike that requires particular treatment to pull decent times (it's torqueless, heavy, and really long)..... nobody expects you to be god's gift to drag racing just yet. Stop getting all pizzy and defensive and take a little bit of constructive criticism. I'm not here to bash anybody, or to lower anybody..... and if you don't want my advice, that's fine. If nothing, I'd like to help you improve your runs, because I would feel more accomplished if I could.

I hope you do get faster. I hope that you tune, and regear, and jet, and you get to see 10.9 on stock internals. I would love to see myself beaten, if nothing else because it would prove the people wrong who doubted that my bike had stock internals......
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            and if you don't want my advice, that's fine
            honestly i really appreciate your mechanical advice. you helped me a lot with my carbs and other things...

but i dont need advice on my riding technique. my bike in its current condition is just not able to run the times your bike was running. your gonna have to take my word for that. now when i get it all up to par, it will hopefully be another story
            1989 katana 750

Comment

Working...
            X