Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Suzuki GZ 250 request for your thoughts...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki GZ 250 request for your thoughts...

Came across a nice looking GZ250 for my wife (she'll never go any "higher"). It's at a dealership, 2000 with 1269 miles. The photos look immaculate (have to see it in person to verify) and a color she would like blue & silver. They want $2500 but NADA is only $880-1155.00. The salesman, whom I've dealt with before, seems very willing to deal as I told him their cost vs NADA. He asks me what a fair price is as he knows I would not pay anywhere near their price plus it would be a cash deal and it's Winter time. I'm wondering what folks here might think. (New for an 07 is MSRP $3249). I have a Kat 600 2003 and a GS500F 2005 but it's too tall for her and I will sell it in the Spring.
    LMT

Stick at 1150, walk if he wont go that or lower.

No way to lower the gs500???
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Since the NADA low on the bike is around $880... I'd suspect that they may have paid less for the bike than that. Dealers seldom pay the "average retail" for something they've taken in trade. I might start by offering him $900 for it.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I defenitely wouldn't go higher than the NADA. Unless they've supertuned it, I can't understand why they would ask for over twice the NADA value.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Because people are like squirls and like things that are shiney

Comment

The problem is that he has little margin to work on. A typical dealer wants to see a $1k margin on a sale, and needs to see a $450 - $500 margin to stay profitable at all. Offer him high NADA, wring your hands and then walk & wait for the phone call.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              The problem is that he has little margin to work on. A typical dealer wants to see a $1k margin on a sale, and needs to see a $450 - $500 margin to stay profitable at all. Offer him high NADA, wring your hands and then walk & wait for the phone call.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
              X