X

Corbin Saddle - Aussie Experiences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Saddle - Aussie Experiences

Thinking about getting a Corbin saddle for my GSX750FK6 (Katana 750) & wondering what experiences other Aussies have had in both purchasing (direct from Corbin?) and wear (with the high levels of UV)?

Some people love them & other talk of the stitching failing after a year or so.

Does the Gunfighter & Lady saddle come standard with a backrest or is it an optional extra?
    Retired & enjoying it

The Saddle is actually cheaper than the Backrest. They are sold seperately. I love mine and my wife can not live without it now. Shows no wear after one whole year riding. I do bring the saddle in the house for colder weather though. No cracking that way. And a leather treatment takes care of the UV's.
    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I had a Corbin on my previous 1988 Kat 1100 and the first thing I did to my 2000 Kat 750 was get another Corbin. I swear by them. They feel a little firm at first but break in real nice. The back rest is great too, it goes on and off in two minutes with one allen screw. Good Luck!

Comment

I live in Florida, UV index of 10 most days, and as long as you condition the leather every month or so, it will not have any issues. Make sure you order it with the vinyl side-panels & welts (which is the way they commonly ship); leather side-panels tend to age heavily due to the folding/unfolding when you sit on the seat and have to be treated far more often.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks everybody - confirms my desire to get such a saddle.

Any Aussie experiences with ordering - or alternatively, mail ordering in the U S of A

Retired & enjoying it

Comment

I'm also getting one.
            I'm riding to the California factory on Saturday to have a custom fitting done.

I'll post up my impressions on the new seat next week...

Comment

Working...
            X