Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

So anyone not letting the Katana rest thru the winter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took her to work this morning in the twenties. Cold but worth it!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

been riding mine rain or shine 24/7 ... and plan on it being that way until i become disabled to a point where i can't ride

but then again, the usual winter day here is mid 30's in the morning getting to the 60's by lunchtime

i'm officially an addict ... addicted to my bike
      money can't buy you happiness, it can at least buy you beer !

Comment

I'll be riding to work tonight, overnight low of 50.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

"So anyone not letting the Katana rest thru the Winter.

I can only dream about it until Spring. Just bought a new snow thrower and used it today, we have about 4" in NE Ohio.
          LMT

Comment

here in arizona the leaves just fell off the trees! the only place better i'd imagine is california, as their summers aren't quite 120 degrees out

Comment

Taken a few weeks ago .....

Yeah , I've put on a few more miles since then .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

We get atleast a couple days in the 60's here in swmo so I ride a few time a month to lower the craving.

Comment

Southern Mexifornia here....
                  what can I say.

Mods are completed...TIME TO RIDE BABY!!!!

Comment

Ok, today for the first time in a long time, I did not see one biker on my 30 minute commute this morning. Maybe because it was in the teens cold when I rode.
                    It seems like I go faster easier in the cold weather. Less drag I guess?
                    I only take about 20 minutes to defrost once I get to work so it is worth it!

People do look at you like you are insane though as they are all bundled up in jackets and stuff in their cars.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

MD - your chain is loose.

I'm soooo bummed - it the forecast tomorrow is for SNOW!!!!! WTF?????? This is friggin Simi Valley just outside of LA!!!!! IT DOESNT FRIGGIN SNOW HERE!!!!
                      97 Katana 600
                      [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

I am a 50-degree guy. When it hits 50, I take a ride. I usually get at least a couple days a month in the Cincinnati winter.
                        sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
                        A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

Originally posted by Wade-Kat600

I'm soooo bummed - it the forecast tomorrow is for SNOW!!!!! WTF?????? This is friggin Simi Valley just outside of LA!!!!! IT DOESNT FRIGGIN SNOW HERE!!!!
                          That is weird!

Comment

Originally posted by Wade-Kat600
                            Nah , it's fine .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I live in so cal and we dont have weather this I know. So I ride every day rain or shine, cold or hot, every day of the year...she gets no breaks except when shes down for repair or maintainance. Rider till I die!
                              On the brakes less than the gas,
                              More times than not,
                              I'M HAULIN ASS!!

Comment

I live about 20 miles north of you sk8r_opie and we had SNOW last week! And I'm talking the whole valley, not just the mountains. It didn't stay on the ground past 8am, though.

The days are okay, but heading out at 6am when it's still in the 20s and 30s is a little cold, especially with mesh gloves on and nothing to keep the wind out of my helmet. As long as it is above 40 and dry, I'll probably ride.

I have not ridden in the rain yet. I am ususally splitting lanes for at least 15 miles of my 35 mile commute on the way home, so I'd rather not have to worry about the road being slippery.
                                1995 Suzuki Katana 600
                                1981 Suzuki GS450 (Only moves when I push it)

I am "a halfway decent rider and wise-ass who is way too narcissistic for his or her own good." (Results of http://www.bytebrothers.org/SquidTest.htm, July 12, 2006)

Comment

Working...
                                X