• Show
Clear All

Cool post..............

Comment

i like the paint job on that bike
      97 Katana 600
      [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

uh...... did she polish a steel frame? or is it paint?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
          uh...... did she polish a steel frame? or is it paint?
          Profile says:
          polished frame swingarm and kickstand

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

How do you polish a steel frame and swingarm? It wouldn't get shiny...

I bet my '90 750 could win for "full faired, air cooled, Japanese bike built between 90 and 95"
            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
              How do you polish a steel frame and swingarm? It wouldn't get shiny...
              Why wouldn't steel get shiny? As long as you polish it right, then either seal it with a clear laquer for example (or I suspect chrome-plated in her case), it ought to shine as her profile pic shows.

"...The steel knife blade shone in the mid-day sun..."

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It just doesn't seem right, polishing steel. For one, the color of steel just doesn't seem right polished. And second, the idea of clearing it afterwards....... seems like the clear wouldn't stick if it was polished, you know, like it would flake off again. And even if you did get it to stick, if you scratched it, it would rust. I much prefer the look of polished aluminum to chrome, but I see chrome as the only solid option for steel components.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

steel has been being polished for many years....sealed from moisture polished steel is very nice...as is stainless steel when it is polished...as far as looks go, i like polished stainless over aluminum anyday...but the frame isn't stainless or aluminum, so the point is moot...
                  Just ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    Check out what it says at the bottom .... I think you may be right , Greg !
                    Of course I'm right Matt... And you doubted me???

I remember talking to her on here about our bikes, the steering damper, racing at Maxton, etc.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                    X