X

Lower v cowling interchangability

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower v cowling interchangability

Does anyone know if the lower v cowling is interchangable between the 600 & 750 on pre 98's? Are they the same?

Yes they are the same. pre 98's 600 & 750 are the same up front as far as the plastics go. So yes it will fit.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Yup. And JC Whitney does (or did) carry aftermarket replacements if you need new ones cheaply.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Yup. And JC Whitney does (or did) carry aftermarket replacements if you need new ones cheaply.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

What are the quality of the JC Whitney plastics? I know not to the level of factory. But just curious
          One project done, now on to the next few!!
          Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Micdalen
            What are the quality of the JC Whitney plastics? I know not to the level of factory. But just curious
            No clue -- I've never needed pre-98 belly pans. I just noticed them at one point when I was compiling a cross-reference of their Kat parts eons ago... That cross ref is on my website in the Kat section, here:

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

JUNK............and so is MEIER..........

Thin material, and no holes or holes in wrong locations
              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I think that depends, I've owned all three. Factory is stronger, more scratch resistant. Aftermarket I've found fit fine, drills a few holes and your done. They are not exact but if you have bashed plastic and don't feel like doing the body work I think they are good for that purpose. Factory is preferrable if you can find it....

Comment

Working...
                X