X

HP and Torque

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe
    and CP......with the hardships you have shared with us in the past, I find it hard to believe you never had to drive a vehicle that didn't smoke...lol.
    I have never owned a car or bike that smoked regularly... between good engine maint habits and wise shopping habits, it just hasn't happened. In my younger days, I tended to drive cars into the ground (figuratively) every couple years (mostly suspension and drive-train wear) and replaced them as regularly.
    In my younger days, I also lived in a car (homeless for about 6 weeks) and had many times when I simply didn't have $$ for fuel or insurance, but I've never skipped an oil change or an valve adjustment.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I paid $10 .......it was a group run and a special price. No carb tuning and only one run for $10. I have never had a car that smoked for long---PULL the engine and rebuild it----DUH ( oh yeah I grew up working on cars and I still do- I don't know any good mechanics, I don't trust them I have seen some of their work on friends cars). It's actually not that hard but you need tools and a decent place to work with plenty of room.
      Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Dyno

8) Thanks for the cool dyno stuff guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DoyleDee
          I paid $10 .......it was a group run and a special price. No carb tuning and only one run for $10. I have never had a car that smoked for long---PULL the engine and rebuild it----DUH ( oh yeah I grew up working on cars and I still do- I don't know any good mechanics, I don't trust them I have seen some of their work on friends cars). It's actually not that hard but you need tools and a decent place to work with plenty of room.
          $10 Thats a pretty good price. How many of a group were you. I'm gonna have to find a couple of my buddies who'd want to run a dyno then. Thanks for the info.
          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
            omg. I am not even sure what what 67hp would be like.
            I am guessing it must be something like trying to take off in second on my bike (maybe 3rd on the V&H). or maybe what my "roll on" would be like in 5th gear doing 40mph at 2k rpm.
            And there's just a big a difference between your bike and a new 1000... and 750... and is = to the performance of a 600 (yup half the displacement) It's all relative

If you by a dyno jet kit you get a free coupon (sp?) for a dyno run with the kit. You kinda got worked over for $200, cyber is right, you normally get carb tuning with that type of price. When I ran my last bike on the dyno I was there for half the day making 15+ pulls tuning it, cost me $50.

Comment

Working...
            X