X

Metal valve stems??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal valve stems??

I'm doing some work on my wheels and thinking of replacing the valve stems with metal ones. Anything I should consider, look into, or any opinions? I was thinking of going with the 90 degree ones..Found this on ebay:

These are also 90 degrees but a different style fitting on the wheel part (looks just like the normal rubber ones:

Also there is the 45 degree ones:

Anyone know if these will fit or if the price looks good/bad? Not real familiar with doing this mod so just curious what others have done...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Wait three weeks (for them to arrive here) and buy the solid billet ones I'll be selling... *I just sent payment for 60 pairs of them to Europe today; I've been tracking down the manufacturer for months now...*

The valve body is made of forged billet aluminum CNC'd to spec and anodized in various colors, with a standard tire valve inside. Valve angle is 85 degrees (same benefits as 90 degrees, but you can get an airchuck on there without issue), and the mating portion that goes inside the wheel is a screw-down that seals the gasket. Total weight is under 20 grams per valve (under 0.8 oz per valve), or light enough that it shouldn't cause any balance issues.

These are a lifetime valve, will never need to be replaced, even when new tires are mounted.

I ordered them just in time to pitch them as stocking stuffers...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ooooh...me like. How much are you going to be selling those for, CP?
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
        ooooh...me like. How much are you going to be selling those for, CP?
        $25 a pair to my KR brothers and I'll eat the postage, $32 a pair + S&H on ebay probably.
        ** NOTE: Price is dependent on whether US Customs charges me an import tax/levy/fee on these, and may go up to reflect that cost **

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm in for the red ones...When the come in PM me...Also Cyber you doing an order to Ron Ayers or Bike Bandit anytime soon, sorry want to take advantage of your discount??...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
            I'm in for the red ones...When the come in PM me...Also Cyber you doing an order to Ron Ayers or Bike Bandit anytime soon, sorry want to take advantage of your discount??...
            Next RonAyers order will probably go in in about 10-12 days.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Oh yeah....NOW you place the order....after I already got some stuff from them...of course, there is always that bandit conversion I want to do......
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Cool need to order all the seals for the brake calipers...front and rear...also what do wheel and swingarm bearings go for. Will need to pick those up also..

Comment

Should have told me you were importing stuff into the US..got a friend that travels to England every 2 to 3 weeks...long story...but you could have had the items shipped to him then he would have brought them to me and I could have shipped them to you cheaper than dealing with customs...oh well...that's how I got the two cans of PB Blaster to bigbike-r...

Comment

Hmmm.. interesting mod, and I need to do tires this winter anyway...
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      These are a lifetime valve, will never need to be replaced, even when new tires are mounted...
                      Well, gotta admit, these are cool. One thing to remember: ALWAYS tell the shop AND the tire tech to retain your valves, and check the bill to be sure you weren't charged for valves you did not get. Car tire changers are probably worse (hell, they are NOTORIOUS) about this, but I'll bet it can happen at a bike shop, too.
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I have changed all my stems over to metal ones. No worries about failures with them like rubber ones.
                        Ron
                        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Universal valve stems from Ky motors . MUCH easier to work with than those rubber bitches , and ain't all that pricey , neither .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

MD what is it like getting to the stem to check your tire pressure? It looks really long, which seems like it would make getting to the stem a PITA with a gauge.

Comment

I changed mine to metal 45 degree ones on both front and rear....they have both failed, and even one the way to idaho from portland. They suck IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X