X

integrated tail lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• integrated tail lights

can anyone tell me if integrated tail lights are DOT approved?
    What did the hand say to the face?... "Slap!"

I would try looking on the companies website, or calling them and asking. There are a few companies manufacturing taillights with integrated turn signals for different bikes.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

CA says that they are not approved. What you need to do is call your local DMV and asks someone there. It's different for each state, I'm sure.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

I was running a bit late this morning, so I didnt have the time to call CA and see what they said. I will however see if I can get some clarification as to what the local laws are here in NC.
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

generally there is a rule about how far apart the signals need to be. An integrated light means they're obviously really close regardless of the design. Woudln't doubt that a lot of the small signals out there wouldn't even pass.
          http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

I have one - I just use hand signals when Johnny law is arouind!!!!

Comment

As nice as the integrated look, I can't help but want the stock ones on there for the extra size. I enjoy visibility too much. Now, if I can get the clear covers, I'd be happy.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

I have the integrated LED tail and passed PA inspection with it in July. No questions asked.
                -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Some will be DOT approved, most will not. Contact the manufacturer and ask.

To get DOT approval, they have to submit a sample to the DOT for testing, along with fees and a certification that it meets the requirements in terms of bulb brightness, color, focus, visible separation, etc. Most firms don't bother, but the top-of-the-line firms will.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X