Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Stock tires...what kind do you have or had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock tires...what kind do you have or had?

My used 2003 Kat 600 came with the original tires...Michelin Radials. Does Suz. use a variety of tire types, like cars?
    LMT

I think the 600's get Michelin Macadams and my 750 came with Dunlop 205's
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
      ...my 750 came with Dunlop 205's
      Mine too!

Comment

i got 207 i think

Comment

My 750 came with the Dunlop 205's...I have since switched to the Metzler Sportec m-3..love it
          "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

everyone here seems to recomend the metzler sportec or the pirelli diablo strada. im going to be getting some diablos for my bike this winter
            '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
            '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
            '80 xj650 maxim
            "evil" '96 saturn sl2
            '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
            '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

im puttin some avons on mine,had them on my 600 and they were great for knee dragging in the turns...
              www.gleno.net
              what doesnt kill you will only make you wiser and stronger

Comment

Suzuki shipped the 98+ Kat 600's with Michelin Macadam 90X tires until mid-05, when they got replaced with the Macadam 100X. Both tires are pretty sad on the Kat. The 98+ Kat 750's got Dunlop 205's and later 207's (the 205's suck, the 207's are a bit better but still not up to what you can get for the same price as a consumer).

My specific recommendations:
                If you commute, rail occasionally, all-weather riding: Metzeler Z6 Roadtecs in the stock sizes or their almost-identical cousins (even built in the same factory 2 production lines over), the Pirelli Diablo Stradas.
                If you are the type who is doing track days, lots of canyon railing and pushing the bike to extremes, or if you have changed the engine to an 1100-based motor, my recommendation changes to the Metzeler M3 RaceTecs.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X