No announcement yet.
X

ANOTHER bad day (long story...)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things could have been real ugly. I myself have a CHL...and without properly identifing him self as a cop and then reaching for the keys and grabbing the shoulder. I probably would have drawn my weapon, thinking I was about to be robbed. That's why they have rules about Identification. It should have been visible or he should have said something.

Comment

A police officer that WON'T identify himself??!!

Something doesn't sound right. That's a lawsuit waiting to be paid and I don't believe any agency is going to want themselves open to that kind of liability. I think he's a rent-a-cop or an unbelievably dense Dirty Harry wannabe.

We he said "you'll hear from somebody about the incident" that means that he's filing some kind of report. He should have given you a copy of whatever this "report" is going to be. I don't think I've ever been given a verbal warning from any cop and got a visit about it later on. Sounds really fishy.

Either way I think you should make a complaint, Matt.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kat600
        Things could have been real ugly. I myself have a CHL...and without properly identifing him self as a cop and then reaching for the keys and grabbing the shoulder. I probably would have drawn my weapon, thinking I was about to be robbed. That's why they have rules about Identification. It should have been visible or he should have said something.

+100000
        sigpic

Comment

That is way messed up. Did he ever state that he was a police officer? It just makes no sense. What cop moonlights and keeps his gun and badge in view? What, What,,,,,, I give up that was to messed up.
          AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

What a d1(k!!
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

come on people....look at the bigger picture. he had the role as a flagger, right? I will assume this is probably by a privately owned or government road crew? If you are in luck...it is a privately owned one.

So go for the big bucks.......go after the company responsible for the road work. This guy was in their employ. They are the ones with the big bucks, so forget the little guy. Let them take care of him by shit-canning him. I can't see him being a real cop. Technically, he should not be replacing a legitimate flagger to go "undercover". The road crew would need a legitimate flagger for insurance purposes if nothing else.

So ya....go straight for the big dog and file a complaint with the company responsible for the road work. If this was just some hot dog wannabe, you have the ball in your court just by having the bus driver as a witness. So what if you did pass a bus when you shouldn't have...plead guilty and swallow the fine....then take the bigger check from them for having a flagger who brandished a firearm at you.
              If you find a fingernail in your McD cheeseburger, you don't go after the person with the missing fingernail...you go after the McD corporation.
              Do the same here.

That's what I would do.

oh...and btw, seeing as I am the one who came up with this idea, if you happen to go for it and get rich......I expect a bike of my choice for thinking of it first
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I say you just move to candia where flaggers only have rubber guns *poke poke*
                Live and Lean.
                When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                Romans 3:23

Comment

I doubt you will ever hear anything of it again, unless you specifically decide to pursue the issue and/or press charges. If he was an on-duty LEO, you would have been ticketed on the spot, he would have identified himself as a LEO, and his actions would have been above-board. Based on your write-up of the situation, I suspect it's an auxiliary (unpaid) police officer/wanna-be. They have those here, too -- I hate them because they have chips even bigger than the cops on their shoulders, but don't have the same level-of-experience (and legally have limited abilities to do anything -- hence no ticket-on-the-spot for you). In Florida, police auxiliaries have basically the same rights as any other citizen -- anyone can arrest on a felony -- and nothing further (thus, unable to ticket you).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

So what's the follow up? Did they raid your house? Are you in jail...ok that was a stupid question...how would you respond if you are in jail...or do they have internet access??? Please followup story....
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Yeah , I'm in jail . Pretty cushy , actually . And I have a good excuse to not show up to work .
                      Ain't heard nothin' yet . You guys gave me ALOT to think about I hadn't even really considered . Yeah , I'm gonna look at it this way ..... if it blows over , I'll be content . If I DO hear anything about it , I'ma raise HELL .
                      The guy said that the reason the had a cop doing the job was that alot of people have been getting irate about being stopped and wasting their precious time waiting for a construction crew . I can buy that , I used to work for one , and my stepdad still does , and he talks about idjits all the time giving them ..... about making them wait or go around .
                      Thanks guys .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

1. Officers have to identify themselves first and foremost.

2. If you did not feel you could leave at anytime, then you are legally detained. You should have been mirandized. Removing you key, prevented you from leaving.

3. Reaching for his weapon, less you were waving your arms about and making threatening gesture another big no-no. A threatening move like that in which you might have responded in kind with a weapon would of been justifiable homicide. Officers that have failed to idnetify themselves and subsequently shoot has been big issues in the last 10 years. Supreme court has upheld the decision that an officer must identify themselves prior to using any kind of deadly force. Departments drill this into officers heads constantly.

Possibility he was an off duty officer. Highly doubt it though. Probably secuirty firm being used as a flag man. Some companies do this to kill two birds with one stone.

If it floats without a word can leave it alone or check into further. Just call the company doing the road work, and ask for the officers home department, names, and general info. They will have this on file for liability issues. If this is not legit, then might me a item to further pursue. Alot of concealed carry permit owners, carry little badges that state concealed carry permit. Guess it fulfils their Dirty Harry dream, this situation could of been the case.

I personally would do some checking, can easily be done with a few white lies to nail down who this gentleman was and in what capacity he was owkring under.
                        One project done, now on to the next few!!
                        Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

Damn , dude . MORE food for though . Still no word of any ticket and no visits from the staties . If /nonenoone shows up , I'll just let it go . But DAMN if I don't have some good ammo NOW if something WERE to come up . I KNEW there was a reason I liked this place !
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Whoa. If they are a LEO, they must identify themselves. If I had a gun on me, I would have pulled it right away (a Harley rider probably wouldn't waste a second) and demanded your key back, no one should grab your shoulder, get your key and grab their gun. It'd be natural response for you to think you were getting robbed; that was his own fault for doing things the wrong way. Badges cannot be concealed unless you are undercover (ID's usually remain in a wallet), apparently this guy had his poorly exposed and shouldn't have done what he had done.
                            Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

I work for the NYS DOT,,Ive noticed we have some cowboys out there that work as constables in there local township for free.......assholes they are at work I cant imagine what their like as free pay cops...they really need to get laid....the bus driver was probably his ex or worse....

Comment

here in Va that bus driver can take your tag number and you will be mailed the ticket!!!! you admitted to passing in a no passing zone? you should be happy you didn't get any further bullshit if it was a true officer of the law.....maybe think about keeping your pipe quiet just in case there was a report filed....
                                Just ride.....

Comment

Working...
                                X