No announcement yet.
X

They should have called it wild kat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a good idea about checking in another county.

Around here we only have one licence class and that covers motorcycles, mopeds, and scooters. So all the moped and scooter users have to take the same test as the motorcycle people and are legal aloud to drive a motorcycle after passing the bmv test.

Comment

Originally posted by hcker2000
      I talked to my one friend who is a local cop and he had no problems with it what so ever the real issue is that he can't promise that it would be him driving threw the parking lot every time.

Also sence I have my permit only and no night riding is allowed then it would be considered riding with out a licence if the cop realy wanted to be a dick I'm sure I would get in some serious shiate and posibly lose the bike.
      wouldn't a parking lot be private property (ie. no having of the licence would be required) ?
      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
        Originally posted by hcker2000
        I talked to my one friend who is a local cop and he had no problems with it what so ever the real issue is that he can't promise that it would be him driving threw the parking lot every time.

Also sence I have my permit only and no night riding is allowed then it would be considered riding with out a licence if the cop realy wanted to be a dick I'm sure I would get in some serious shiate and posibly lose the bike.
        wouldn't a parking lot be private property (ie. no having of the licence would be required) ?
        it doesn't work that way, because it is not HIS property.
        He still needs a proper license and insurance.
        If he does any damage on that property, he needs to be covered.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

It is but cops can still pull you over and ask for licence and such.

The fact that it would be the mall were I could practice meens that is private property open to the public so they can still pick you up for things like reckless op, driving with out a licence. The list gose on but you get the idea.

I will be geting the tittle and tags next week and hopefully my insurance so i can at least ride during the day.

Comment

Hey just checking in agine after riding to keep every one up to date.

Much better today with the clutch and taking off and stoping.

Comment

The MSF is highly recommended. You should also check Honda places (Yes Suzuki is the best) but Honda has some classes here in the GA. Same as the MSF course and you should be able to get in pretty quickly. Stopping and going is all good but wait til you get at a stop light on a hill and there is a BIG MACK TRUCK behind you ok well maybe not a mack truck but it could be a line of cars just waiting for u to go and you dont know how to start off of a hill ... Now I dont know about the folks where u reside but these people down here will honk until hell freezes over. Then u drop your bike and start to get all nervous and uhhhh well you get the point...(yes I have been truamatized )
              With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
              The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
              To the bang bang boogie
              Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Yea there are some nice hills around here so that is a problem but I know a few where I can go out and practice on with out any cars being behind me so that will help.

Its nice living in small town america where you can find roads with very little traffic during the day.

I will take the msf class as its only like $25 bucks here its just how soon I will get into it is the question. I will check with honda and see what they have going on around here.

Comment

25 BUCKS!!! Your kidding right?
                  To the bang bang boogie

Comment

Originally posted by rydethis
                    25 BUCKS!!! Your kidding right?
                    Nah, he's not kidding. That's what it supposed to be in virtually all parts of the USA, but in many it isn't... See this related thread for an example in regards to Florida (where it should be $20 but is often $150 - $250):

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Mines was $250 that was in 2004... That is so not fair
                      To the bang bang boogie

Comment

Score another one for small town ohio

Maby that is why the wait is so long.

Comment

hckr2000 it sounds like you are having fun and taking the resposibilities of motorcycle riding seriously. Welcome to KR. Take the MSF, it will be a great time in your life.

rydethis - unless your gas tank is behind the seat, I think you might be sitting the wrong way on that bike, but I thank you for it
                          R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Yea I try my best not to put any one else but myself in danger and I try not to put myself in danger most of the time. I'm hoping to be able to get out on the road this set of days off

Comment

yo

welcome from philly

my pa msf course was free; just ten bucks for the permit
                              You're Welcome,
                              - The Social Invalid

Comment

Nice my permit was $20 and once I pass the test it will be another $20 for a new licence.

Comment

Working...
                                X