No announcement yet.
X

steering stabilizer for katanas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need one at Bonneville you have to have one and I do get head shake at 170 + but finding one for a Kat is hard enough let a lone a Kat with USD forks. so I am going to look at Hyper pro.

Comment

If you're doing Bonneville (aka the Salt Flats), engineering in a steering stabilizer is the least of your issues. For that kind of run, I'd probably use two of them (one on each leg, bolted, other end nutted down to a bolt welded onto the frame). The real trick will be forming some sort of under-bike plastic/fiberglass protector to keep your from losing too much of your speed to salt build-up in the chain, bearings, brakes.

Good Luck!
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You got your Kat up to 160!!??? So if you are talking kmh, that would only be what...about 96 mph or so? I think you have other issues that the stabilizer would only mask. Get the other stuff checked first. Be safe!
        Last edited by CenCalKat; 07-09-2008, 11:49 PM.
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

1340cc's running at 13:1 will do it. Heck, it'll do 200 on flat pavement.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Last edited by The CyberPoet; 07-10-2008, 12:52 AM.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
            You got your Kat up to 160!!???
            Why does everybody seem so suprised? I saw indicated well over the 160mph end of the speedo on my old kat 750. Rev limiter, 6th gear........ 14 tooth front sprocket, v&h pipe, my own ghetto-jetting, 20k on the clock.

They will do it, if you have the balls, or the lack of brains, or both.

BTW - My bike didn't wobble or shake or anything at that speed...... matter of fact it never shook under any conditions. I would definitely look for a cause on your own bike......
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
            X