No announcement yet.
X

Best ways to remove katana and suzuki stickes/emblems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose that is true, mojoe. If you want to try and save the emblems, you could also use dental floss, or metal wire and sort of slice it off. Like mojoe's method, it would leave all the tape on the bike, but you;d have a clean emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip
      Originally posted by Najus
      Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh OH

If you dont want your chrome Katana emblem I will be MORE than happy to take them off your hands. Let me know
      They wont survive.
      yes they will

for DECALS...hit it QUICK with a HEAT GUN....just get it warm...the glue will remove with it...if it gets too hot...the glue will remain with the paint....WD-400 will remove the residue.

for the EMBLEM...here is a hint.....get it warm...and use DENTAL FLOSS to cut the adhesives (use a sawing motion)

NEVER use a razor blade.....a putty knife will do (to get the corner) go slow...heat it up a little at a time.

I have removed decals from a truck this way...it takes practice

Comment

What are the chances of having a "shadow" underneath the sticker. My Kat is a 2000 and I would like to take the stickers off, but I don't want to do it and still have letters be present in the unfaded plastic.
        RichC4
        2000 Katana 600
        Quote from my buddy who bought a 2005 Ducati after riding my Kat "I don't get it, why is your bike more fun"

Comment

very very faint at first, then went away with time and wear.

Comment

not counting the tape left behind, I am willing to bet I can remove the emblem itself in 2 minutes or less without breaking it. I am almost confident enough to say in a minute or less, but I would have to look at it first.

not trying to sound cocky or anything...but like i said...done a ton of them.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Anyone have a pic of the light blue Katana after sticker removal?
              America national sport is called baseballs. It very similar to our sport, shurik, where we take dogs, shoot them in a field, and then have a party.

Comment

Anyone have a pic of the light blue Katana after sticker removal?
                You can check my profile pic but it's dark blue.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

i got the katana emblem off with no prob just heated it up with a hair dryer and used my fingers to get around it and then just pulled right off...took about 30 seconds to heat up and then 10 seconds to pull off...the suzuki sticker in the front took a while i just heated it up then used my fingernail to chip it off and it all in all looks like a really clean job!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    not counting the tape left behind, I am willing to bet I can remove the emblem itself in 2 minutes or less without breaking it. I am almost confident enough to say in a minute or less, but I would have to look at it first.

I dont doubt that, the annoying part was rubbing the skin off my thumb trying to get the sticky foam crap off afterwards! The emblem itself just rips right off.

Comment

if you haven't done the rear stickers yet, you're in for a treat. they are a real pain in the neck! i used goof off and heat, and it was still a pain in the neck.

i would NOT use anything but a soft cloth to rub off the glue residue for the rear stickers. i got frustrated and gave it a little finger nail and it scratched off some of my paint (ahhhh!). lots and lots of patience!
                      One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

hairdryer worked great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip
                          Originally posted by Mojoe

I dont doubt that, the annoying part was rubbing the skin off my thumb trying to get the sticky foam crap off afterwards! The emblem itself just rips right off.
                          yup...it's the crap that is left behind that is a pain. however, I have my own method that works quite well, but I didn't bother sharing it because of the "oh my god you're crazy" replies I would get from it.
                          bur I will share it anyway.
                          Paint thinner or gasoline. just slop up a soft rag with the stuff, scrub it a bit, then rince off with water. repeat if needed. Been doing it years in the body shop with the old man. a little liquid rubbing compound followed by wax brings it back to new in a jiffy. the whole procedure is quite fast.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I just did this this weekend. Why oh Freakin' why didnt I see this earlier..

Just used a lot of patience and a fingernail... *laughs at self* ..

oh
                            oh wa
                            oh wa ta
                            oh wa ta fu
                            oh wa ta fu lyam

ps. btw if you have glue left behind, use a piece of the sticker that you've already peeled off, and pat it on the glue thats still stuck to the tank, and it'll come right off.

Comment

thank you done the misses bike today

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X