No announcement yet.
X

another Katrider down(pics added 6/14)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are ok. Nice cop to let you of the hook like that!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Glad your ok ! That sucks cause you know that could happen anytime. Be thankful no one hit you when you were down . Take Care of yourself. Hopefully you'll be back out there soon !
      sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

sorry dude..rode it 50 miles with that damage to you and the bike, you are both of strong will..one question,,are you going to rebuild her??

Comment

went back to the doctor today, no surgery needed as of now, thank God. I am more sore today than ever. I will post pics as soon as I can get them taken. The bike faired pretty well. I think she'll ready for the road before I will. If anybody knows where I can get my hands on a 2003 right front fairing, grey, please let me know. Thanks for the kind words, pics to follow.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I shaved my arm and taped a small garbage bag over my cast when I broke my thumb (dominant hand, too). Worked great and no hair pulls.

Here's to a speedy recovery and a stronger rebuild!
            -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by ChattKat
              If anybody knows where I can get my hands on a 2003 right front fairing, grey, please let me know
              RonAyers will have them new, pre-painted from the factory (perfect color match) for about $350 last time I priced 'em. If that's the only panel you need, it's not worth it to bother buying one second hand and paying someone else to spray it (doesn't apply if you paint yourself).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMike
                The bike did three flips and was still rideable for 50 miles?? Thats impressive.
                Yea, try THAT with a 2006 R6.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
                  Originally posted by TurboMike
                  The bike did three flips and was still rideable for 50 miles?? Thats impressive.
                  Yea, try THAT with a 2006 R6.
                  Or an '05 GSXR -- the bike will snap like a twig at the headstock welds.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ChattKat, I'm glad you're okay. I'm amazed at the durability of your Kat and equally amazed you were able to ride home with a broken hand. You're one tough dude!

But, I guess I'm surprised there's been less of a post mortum of your accident. I understand the gravel part, but what I don't understand is what you were doing passing cars on a two-lane road in a turn.

It sounds like you ran out of room to make it past the cars, couldn't find a place to tuck in, and decided to go for it. Motorcycles have powerful acceleration but to use it you've got to be in the power band. Is it possible you didn't down shift to make your acceleration faster when you pulled out for the pass?

I guess I'm looking for some insight that will help me be a better rider. Like, slow acceleration at the beginning of a pass can lead to a panic situation at the end.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to assign blame, just trying to learn.

Comment

I too hate Gravel, that is what my last accident was caused by.

As for the fairing you are looking for... Right side sitting, or looking on the bike (Do you mean Brake side, or Clutch side?) I have a clutch side fairing sitting in my garage I may be willing to part with to help a fellow rider out.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

an old chinese proverb says: "A motorcycle riding on gravel is like a RWD car riding on snow"

hope your hand heals quick and glad it wasent that bad you got lucky just learn by it and the wreck will not be in vain.

Comment

Damn...sorry to hear that. Hope you heal quickly. Glad it's not as bad as it could've been.

Comment

Originally posted by Cale_Kat
                            what I don't understand is what you were doing passing cars on a two-lane road in a turn.
                            as i had stated, the road had widened to 4 lanes, i knew that the passing lane was only about a mile long. I am sure that my lack of skill had much to do with this accident, but please believe me when i say i wasnt being reckless, i would never pass on a 2 lane road on a curve.

as to the durability of the bike, i am amazed, i went to the basement today for another look. nothing leaking, cant find anything bent(forks, handlebars....) She started right up, just like before the accident. All the signals still work. I couldnt believe it. The right farring is rashed and the right lower is cracked(right while sitting on the bike, brake side)
                            Slight rash on the can,barends and mirrors.

As for being tuff, dont know about that, i just wanted to get out of town before that Ranger changed his mind. I wanted to draw the least attention, get the bike up and away from the scene. It hurt like hell, wouldn't advise anyone to try it.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Or an '05 GSXR -- the bike will snap like a twig at the headstock welds.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Yep. Watched that happen on an '06 GSXR a couple months ago. Was the nice all black one and only had 343 miles on it. Headstock welds didn't snap... but the clip-ons sure did... and the plastic disinigrated... and the little shorty exhuast was bent flat against the bike...

And it only flipped once...

ALL HAIL THE (nearly) BULLETPROOF KAT!
                              - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                              2005 F4i -

Comment

wow, thats scary shi!t, extremly glad to hear you survived with only a broken hand and bruises. Damn gravel!!
                                You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

Working...
                                X