X

SHIZNIT!! BIKE WONT START!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHIZNIT!! BIKE WONT START!!!

SO last november my Kat went to sleep in my garage with fesh oil and gas with Stabil. I also paid a ton of money and got the carbs cleaned out last october. I unconvered the bike today and tried to start it but nothing. The bike cranks up but wont turn on. Spark plugs were changed last october too. Do you guys think carbs are gummed up again??? I really hope not!!! Any good mechanics around Chicago who can look at my bike??HELP!!!!

Switch the petcock to PRIME and leave it there for 120 seconds, then set it back to ON.
    Hit the starter.

Odds are even with Stabil, the carb bowls are empty -- either because you emptied them last November as you should have, or because of fuel evaporation. That means you need to refill them, which is what will happen when you switch to PRIME for a minute or two. After they are full, it should start, if the problem is the most likely one -- lack of fuel at the carbs.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

boost it with a car battery, my battery didn't have enough juice to start the bike but enough juice to turn it over.

Comment

If you had your carbs cleaned right before you put it to bed for the winter and havent touched the bike since...they should be fine. I'd definately try cyberpoets suggestion first, and make sure you choke it when you first start it up too.

How old is your battery? Was it on a battery tender all winter? That's an option too that could very well help your cause.

Comment

Working...
        X