X

Looking for a used slip-on, but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a used slip-on, but...

I'm in search for a deal on a used slip-on for my 02. The bike is just way to quiet! What the deal when I find one...can I just install it myself? Do I need a jet kit and everything? Basically I'm trying to see if I can do this myself of need the dealer to adjust carbs and jets etc.

Thanks!!

Try this:

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

easy

I just put a wileyco pipe in my bike and it was fairly easy. My midpipe needed to be modified, but if you get something like a yoshi or two brothers it should be real easy. The only thing that I need to do was adjust my idle because it was running a little higher than before. Good luck
      Because an angy man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.

Comment

you dont usally need a jet kit with a slip on.
        listen for popping when you let off the throttle
        unless you have a d&d there is no back pressure and you will get that popping

Comment

Yep they are not hard to install at all, and most people find it takes about 30 minutes or less to do. If you buy them new or a used one from a reputable source they'll come with all the mounting hardware you need to set it up.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...now I just need to find an old pipe for cheap!!

Comment

Working...
            X