X

need advice on bike again!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on bike again!!!

Heres the deal, i love this bike!!! I am not sure if it is worth it though, the guy has offered to sell it to me for 3800 but i do not know if it would be a good buy or a money pit. please let me know

Personally, I'd never buy a bike with a salvage title. Besides, the bike still looks like it needs work so I'd say this guy just got it to a point where it seemingly runs well enough to sell off. I doubt he did more than the bare essentials to get it running and concentrated on the cosmetics to unload the thing. I mean, he didn't even spring for a new tire...

Aside from that, the price is also too high IMO.

I say pass on this "salvaged" bike and look for one that's been owned for more than two months. Stop looking for these eBay bargains because you're probably just wasting time. Concentrate on your local papers or www.cycletrader.com and you'll find something. Be patient. The longer you wait and shop around the better chance you have of finding a good bike at a reasonable price.
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I'm of the same opinion. The fact that it has all the custom paint work and mismatched years on the body panels, plus the salvage title means it went down hard enough to total the bike at one point. In my book, that makes it worth 50% of whatever black-book value is for the same bike.

Walk away.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Check craigslist.org to see if they've got a local section for you.

I wouldn't want a bike with a salvage title...
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Re: need advice on bike again!!!

Originally posted by 93kat750
          ...i do not know if it would be a good buy or a money pit. please let me know...
          All bikes are money pits.
          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

The guy is crazy if he didn't take 3400 on ebay.

Comment

Working...
            X