X

Good deal on a 2001 Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on a 2001 Katana?

Hello, newb to the forum and to Katana's in general and had a quick question for those of you with Katana experience.

I'm looking to get a street bike, and having not been on a motorcycle regularly for years, figured I would start relatively basic. Someone locally has a 2001 Katana 600 for sale. It seems to be in good condition, just needs tires and a battery. I t has a little under 6k miles

They are asking $2700, and I possibly could get it for less.

It has a Jet kit and a Upgraded exhaust per the owner. I plan on looking at it tomorrow and just wanted opinions from people "in the know"

Steal or no steal?

I am in the market for something too, and have been looking for one myself. Compared to what I have found that sounds like a pretty good deal and one that I would probably take if I were you.

So far the best deal that I have found was a 1999 Katana 600 with 2000 miles on it and they wanted $3295. I called them the first day that they got it and was going to pick it up the next day but it had already sold.

Thats just my opinion I'm sure others have theirs.

Comment

A 2001 Katana 600 currently blue books for $3595.00 and that is for a bike in excellent condition. You'll probably want to get prices on tires and a battery to determine if the bike is a good deal.
      "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
      - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Comment

Buyer's Checklist for inspecting an used motorcycle / bike for purchase

It's a good price if it's not trashed, IMHO.

Based on the mileage and age, expect to need to replace a number of things (rubber items which dry up with age, such as brake lines, tires), and do the 7.5k valve-adjustment service (unless the owner can provide good documentation of services having been done on time for both the 600 and 3500 mile services).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Buyer's Checklist for inspecting an used motorcycle / bike for purchase

It's a good price if it's not trashed, IMHO.

Based on the mileage and age, expect to need to replace a number of things (rubber items which dry up with age, such as brake lines, tires), and do the 7.5k valve-adjustment service (unless the owner can provide good documentation of services having been done on time for both the 600 and 3500 mile services).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          +1

Comment

Working...
          X