Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Does the crotch rocket label bother you ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thazkat , that looks like the screen I had this summer and broke . When I took my tarp off one wet morning , the screen just snapped . So the one I have now is a friend's "extra" screen just so I have something . Oh , and to not be entirely off topic ....
    Call me what you want , just don't call me late for dinner !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I hate Can-A-Tuna

one of the reasons why I got the Katana and then Triumph Daytona is because I HATE being like everyone else, and I do not require the fastest, newest or whatever fashion dictates. I can park my bike in the middle of 100 other "crotch rockets" and it will stand out

Comment

Originally posted by Range

one of the reasons why I got the Katana and then Triumph Daytona is because I HATE being like everyone else...

....so you went and bought the same bike as me... hmmmm....

I know I know it's cuz I'm so cool blah blah blah...

Comment

Originally posted by Junior

one of the reasons why I got the Katana and then Triumph Daytona is because I HATE being like everyone else...

....so you went and bought the same bike as me... hmmmm....

I know I know it's cuz I'm so cool blah blah blah...

I said "EVERYBODY" you sir...are a nobody!

Comment

Badbilly... I need to be loved! Again.

Comment

Hmmm...I really don't get much of the "crotch rocket" comments. I usually get, "hey...nice bike".
              And when I do get a "crotch rocket" comment, I usually just ask what they are riding. 9 times out of 10 it is a shwinn cuz they just don't own a bike. For the most part the custom riders are as cool as we are....as in it doesn't matter what you ride...as long as you ride. And if they do make a comment, it is usually something like "I am too old or too scared to ride a bike like that". But I never get anyone really putting down my choice of ride.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I also think its funny when everyone sees a sportbike and automatically thinks its really fast. Just shows their lack of knowledge about the industry.

I had people ask me if its a 1200, when it says 600 on the side. And a bunch of people confuse it with the Hayabusa, even though it says Katana
                Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Surprisingly enough, most of the casual (not the hardcore gang type) Harley riders here are just as friendly to the sportbike crowd as any of us are to each other.

Edmonton's "in" strip just happens to be the local meeting place for bikes.....we all congest the parking lot at Tim Horton's - Harley's take half, sport bikes take half......the riders mix, drink coffee, talk and like...but nobody really labels each other. It's just the place to meet, and there's always somebody there who's looking for people to go riding with. It's quite convenient actually.....

On the other hand, I've had a few uncomfortable situations with people who are the Harley-type, but don't own a bike and have no clue what they're talking about....their idea of a cool bike is the gleaming purpose-built bikes they see on TV with 8-foot forks and 300 width tyres. I'm actually a fan of some custom Harley's myself, but nothing of that sort - so I just smile and acknowledge the fact that they're at least interested in SOME aspect of bikes...

Then I get on my "crazy" sportbike, pull a fat - no.....PHAT, wheelie, and get the hell out of there yo! Well...something like that. :P

Hey, what ever happened to Soulrider? Is he still around somewhere? I miss his "yo's".....
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

he is on www.squidbusters.com every once and a while
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior

Badbilly... I need to be loved! Again.
                      Icksnay on the again-eh
                      Bet it all on red!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mojoe
                        Hmmm...I really don't get much of the "crotch rocket" comments. I usually get, "hey...nice bike".
                        Yeah, but you only park it at the bowling alley!
                        Bet it all on red!

Comment

• Originally posted by badbilly
                          Originally posted by Mojoe
                          Yeah, but you only park it at the bowling alley!

That was the funny I needed this morning! Thanks Badbilly. Unlike Junior I won't tell
                          AMA member # 224227

Comment

• Crotch Rocket doesn't bother me. I hear it most from those who don't ride. It was funny listening to people ask me "is that your crotch rocket?" when I rode my dad's Ninja 250 around Orlando. Other's would yell, "do a wheelie!!!" So I came to the conclusion that if it has farings, it's a crotch rocket to most. Eitherway, most people are impressed.

Comment

• Riding sportbikes makes you cool right??? that's what kids think and most adults feel is to selfish. So, we cant win either way...

Comment

• Its only words, I can care less. I have a bike that I like and who cares what someone else rides!!
                                Keith Paton
                                Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                                13 GSXR750

Comment

Working...
                                X