Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Does the crotch rocket label bother you ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by THAZKAT
    ...but there isn't a team sponsor out there that will sponsor a Women.
    ThazKat, yes there is... Aprilia among others...
    See: http://www.katja-poensgen.de/engl/index2.html

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    That is Awesome and I am so happy to see it happen. I am sure the Women riders will agree. Women actually have an advantage to men on bikes.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I wave at everybody. I even waved at a Bergman once and he nearly fell off the scooter. But some of the Harley guys are funny. I've found a little rice under my bike a few times. They usually stand at a distance and wait for the reaction. When I start laughing it usually breaks the ice. (Didn't see rice when I was at Starbucks that time so I was treading lightly ) When I walk past a group toward my bike I always say, "Ride Safe, guys". I think it comes as a surprise that i'd even talk to them.

Funny thing though, the guys on the Japanese cruisers seem to be pretty cool, it's the hard-core HD guys that stick a nose up. But then again, we sportbikers have done our fair share of looking down on them, too.

"Can't we all just get along?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        ...but there isn't a team sponsor out there that will sponsor a Women.
        ThazKat, yes there is... Aprilia among others...
        See: http://www.katja-poensgen.de/engl/index2.html

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        That is Awesome and I am so happy to see it happen. I am sure the Women riders will agree. Women actually have an advantage to men on bikes.
        I read an article on her a while back. That is very cool. I think motorsports are one of the few sports where men and women can compete head-to-head with no quarter given and none wanted.
        sigpic

Comment

some loser at work bought a VROD last year (aroundhere you can get one for 16k, none of the harley guys accept that bike so they are left over) and it was his first bike. He immediately sent it out for 2k in crome work. When he brings it to work he puts on a sign on it that says "Please dont touch". The guy is a complete tool.

He also made an open invitation to race ANYONE at work who has a bike. Including my buddy with an 04 GSXR1000. There are also a gix750 and a 04CBR600. I tried to explain to the guy that the 1000 had about 40 more HP and weighed about 250lbs less.

His response was "My bike can do 80 in 1st gear" I congratulated him on that and told him next time there is a 1st gear race Im sure he will win.

I cant wait to ride my VMAX to work next year. Same power (ifnot more) less weight, and costs on average about 8k less. And the bike hasnt changed from 1985 and it still kicks ass
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I understand the horsepower deal but there is another factor, TORQUE. Also you have to consider where and when the power and force are being applied to the ground in the rpm ranges. I have found some stock numbers for comparrison only.
            74.0 ft. lbs. @ 7000 rpm, 2005 V-rod
            I am sorry that I am unable at this moment to find a torque spec for the 2005 GSXR1000. I will find it and edit this post.
            There is a $6,000 difference between the to bikes, Dealer sticker price.

$2,000 for chrome bolt ons is just getting started. IMHO, I would not put that kind of money into chrome. I enjoy riding to much to be polishing everyday of the year. If I bought a V-rod, I would put that money into a Vance and Hines two into one exhaust and a Digitech ECU which is a factory backed version of the Dynotech ECU system. I have run that set up on a Dyno and the numbers are amazing for that bike. 105 horsepower and 84 ft.lbs. of torque.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

I have run that set up on a Dyno and the numbers are amazing for that bike. 105 horsepower and 84 ft.lbs. of torque.
              sounds like a Vmax, stock

Comment

I have been told that they have gotten up to 100 ft lbs of torque out of the V-rod. There is so much potential in that engine that HD didn't want to touch.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                Who knows what is next?

Comment

yeah, probably affraid the "hardcore" riders wouldnt know what to do with it

Comment

I honestly would like to see the V-rod engine in a Buell Designed bike.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    Who knows what is next?

Comment

+1
                      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Now THAT would be a Buell that I'd want to see! They'd have to give the bike more overall length and raise the rear suspension and move the seating position closer to the front or else you'd wheelie just starting the damn thing. But it would sure move. Harley guys hate V-Rods. It's the only HD that i'd ever remotely consider buying.

FYI, All stock:

HD V-Rod: HP/109.0@8250 RPM Torque/74.3@7000 RPM

Gix1000: HP/150.5@11000 RPM Torque/77.2@8250 RPM

Gix1300R: HP/156.1@9500 RPM Torque/99.0@6750 RPM

(Motorcyclist Magazine, Jan. '05)
                        sigpic

Comment

Where Im from .....now granted Iowa is synonym for hell.The SportBike aka crotch-rocket guys.Wont even give the Katana that much respect.So I guess I dont deal with that name much.And now with the rumors of Suzuki ending my beloved bikes production I have this eary feeling, probably similair to what Henry Fords greatgrandson felt in the late 50s.....lol What was his name ?????? Oh ya Edsel :P
                          2004 CBR 1000 RR I dont gottagofaster anymore ....

Comment

I didnt read anything but the topic post so I dont know if any one has said this or not but anytime someone ask me why I dont ride a harley, I have a simple answer, "I would never want to ride that slow" and of course then they go to the a harley is more comfortable to ride across country, and my response is , "I always fly across country, I wouldnt even drive a car, let alone a bike"
                            Big Cory
                            SBFMC 707
                            2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by BigCorySBFMC707
                              "I always fly across country, I wouldnt even drive a car, let alone a bike"
                              Ought to try it sometime... You see a lot more of the world that way

When I was younger and stupider, I did Phoenix to Tampa in 44-1/2 hours (straight). These days I quit for the day by the 12th hour normally, and try to make sure I end up somewhere pretty to look at, smell, visit before I set off again. The people you meet make the trip the reward itself.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPeot
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyberpoet

I was a military brat so I had the pleasure, Not, of riding in the back of the car across country seven times. After that, I have no desire to see a damn thing, lol. I was also in the Air Force for 8 years and was a load master, so I have flown everywhere and seen just about everything, so I am cool. I will take my little 200 miles runs with my club and that is about all.
                                Big Cory
                                SBFMC 707
                                2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
                                X