No announcement yet.
X

No oil up top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the bike out for a shakedown run and a few small leaks did appear.But that's the easy thing to fix.The tranny slips out of 2nd gear if you give it too much throttle.Thinking probably a bent shift fork.Well at least I now know pretty much everything I need to about this engine.Never did any cycle trans. work yet,something else for me to learn
    Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

Yep shift fork. Sucks you only find that out now after everything is back together.

If you're going to pull the engine anyways to fix that, might be worth your while to swap in new head/base gaskets
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        Yep shift fork. Sucks you only find that out now after everything is back together.

If you're going to pull the engine anyways to fix that, might be worth your while to swap in new head/base gaskets
        Will do, as I said before I bought this bike mainly for parts.So when I'm ready to really use the engine it will be pulled and gone through from top to bottom. I've been reading through the posts on here and on other forums about trans. work and feel pretty confident that I can work on the trans. myself.Getting the engine back in the bike was a adventure, with a combo of jacks and ratchet straps and a little muscle,I left the down tubes on the engine when I pulled it.Was alot easier to get out then put back in but really not that hard to do by myself.Trans. work to me has been like a black hole in my wrenching skills but one I'd like to overcome!
        Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

Working...
        X