X

600 frame with 1100 motor ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 frame with 1100 motor ??

Ok my bikes a 91 600 frame with a 750 motor (748) lol so would an 1100 motor fit also ?? If not what would it take?? Aallllsssooo is there a big diffrence in the 750 block compared to the 1100 or is it just bore and stroke??are the heads similar?? I mean I bet the valves and cams and such are diffrent but will they fit a 750?? Will 1100 carbs fit??Any info would be great I don't know much about 1100s
    I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

The 1100 is a different beast. I think you can fit it into a 600/750 frame but mostly what I've seen used is Bandit 1200 motors.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

this will answer some of your questions, an yes the 1100 will fit (1127).
      A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
      mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Awsome thread there lol lot of info but what about the motors be the same?? Where can I find an 1100 btw and what's the price range
        I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

Comment

find em all over, may even still be some in the forsale section on here, just keep your eye out on craigslist ebay or other local places. there is one on cl here recently for 700 I believe, makes me upset that I dont have the money.... would love to buy one an build it up real nice before putting it in.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

I will keep my eyes peeled then lol I like my built 750 but a 1100 would be fun lol I can then put my 750 on my quad and have some fun lol

Comment

I have everything you need. the 1127 with about 25k miles....no issues. wiring harness, cdi, carbs, motor mounts....everything you need. $750 plus shipping. that is a very good price, btw. you usually pay that just for the engine itself.
              it's an easy swap.
              Last edited by Mojoe; 01-18-2011, 09:26 PM.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

shipings gunna hurt lol

Comment

if your still stuck with all that later this year I may just have to take a road trip up there Mojoe
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

On craigs, you can sometimes find the 1100 bike that needs work for 500-700 sometimes. Yeah they may not run, but you buy the bike, take what you need (the engine) and you could sell the rest.
                    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                    -Unholy m-
                    Current project: Un-Katchable
                    sigpic

Comment

Like chris said, find one on CL, use the motor, throw the rest of the bike in the garbage.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

But not before you offer up any good parts on here!
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          But not before you offer up any good parts on here!
                          Good point.

You guys are like the ninja 7 group, someone mentions a part out and all the pirranhas swim up to feed
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

parts??!? did someone say they have parts?!? what kind? how much?
                            1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

true that lol i try to buy every suzuki i find for 300-700 but wife objects haha

Comment

Working...
                              X