X

exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust question

Hey all how is everyone? I have run into a snag on my custom exhaust setup. I was planning on using my midpipe from the vance and hines system that was on the bike, but its not going to work with the new muffler because the midpipe is the same diameter as the entrance to the can, and trying to shrink the metal has been to no avail, so I am wondering what other midpipes would work with a Vance and Hines header? I have a lot of play with the muffler because it uses a strap to bolt to the body, so I can move it foward and backward a good amount, I just need something thats going to come close so I can clamp her down. The muffler entrance has an inside diamter of 2in, so I would need a pipe that would fit into that.

This is the original post that I had started. I can get one made from scratch, but if I could save a few dollars by getting off ebay, that would be grand. Thanks in advance for the help!
    craig
    1996 katana 750 (sold to my friend)
    1990 katana 1100

could take the muffler to an exhaust shop and get them to expand the inlet , but is may screw up the finish
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I was thinking about that, but the end cap is aluminum, and im not sure how much that will expand before it cracks.
      craig
      1990 katana 1100

Comment

Aluminum would likely cause a problem
        all my other solutions would be pretty ugly
        Best of the ugliest would be shorten pipe and have a slug welded in that fits inside both the muffler and mid pipe
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Check with your local muffler shop and see if they can fab up a pipe for you.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Well I made the bracket to hold the muffler today and got that all squared away. Went to the speed shop and their fabricator is on vacation for a week, so when he gets back hes gunna let me know what the deal is. Heres a picture for now.

craig
            Last edited by bbsf2; 01-23-2010, 12:50 PM.
            1990 katana 1100

Comment

Working...
            X