X

Top speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top speed of 1100 Kat

I have seen 155mph with my friend on the back. However, I put the bike on a rolling road (Dyno) and it is putting out 117bhp at the back wheel and a top speed of 155mph.

Not bad for a 1994 FR model.

Comment

• 145mph headed up 271 North in Cleveland/Akron area and again going across 90 East along Lake Erie. My buddy lost control of his M109 that same night this summer doing the same so, I've slowed down a little bit since then.

Comment

• old thread but cool... Not really into top speed but I wanted to see mine would do one time out ridin. I wasn't very experienced at the time(not that I am now but marked improvement) so pay no regard to my riding style. 130 indicated as seen in video 0:45...
        First recorded ride
        Last edited by niqbales; 12-15-2010, 02:24 PM.
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHayabusa View Post
          I also went 88.8 mph with my flux capacitor charged to 1.21 gigawatts.

... thats about what it takes ......
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• Originally posted by chriskat1100 View Post
            195 mph in a timed mile with a 1340cc over bore and a few other tweaks but just a few!!

WOW

what gearing did you have on that bike ? I HIT 556 MPH LAST NIGHT It was on a 747

ant
            Last edited by anthonygsx1100; 02-26-2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• I've pulled just barely over 150mph before running out of straightaway (not to mention being scared to death).

Whenever I finally sell this Katana and decide on an upgrade (likely a new R1) I can't wait to tap it out to 186 haha.

Comment

• Fastest speed: ~145 mph before a civic pulled out in front of me (brakes worked!)
                with side cases on: ~135 mph before hitting traffic
                with side cases and trunk: ~125 mph (they're pretty fockin massive)
                mods in garage

Fastest ever ridden: 175 mph indicated on cbr1000rr
                "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

• I went riding with a buddy who has an 2004 R1. And, as I have always known, the Bigkat is fun to ride and juuuuuust fun enough to be somewhat satisfying but as I've said before and still maintain, it cannot keep up with todays technology. Don't get me wrong, she makes good power but I wouldnt pick a fight with new technology with a capable pilot on-board
                  The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• All stock 1100 Katana.............154mph.........very windy to say the least 8-D

Comment

• i max out at 134 mph on the 91' 600. plenty for me, for a beginner.

Comment

• 178 mph on a buddys 02 busa. 8yrs ago. "squid days"
                        Last edited by flash007; 04-25-2011, 12:24 AM.
                        "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                        1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                        2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• 148 mph on my zzr1200 last fall, unintentionally...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• 84 on a CB175
                            93 on a FT500
                            14~ on 98 Kat 750 (indicated with a slipping clutch)
                            12~ on 83 GS1100
                            "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• (2000) 750 - 155
                              (93 and 98) 600 - 135
                              (2004) R1 - 135 have not had time to find a nice open time and place to go full throttle
                              According to the speedo
                              http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

• about 98 on my 600 pre, probably closer to 85 knowing how reliable my speedo is. i dont feel i will ever go faster not even in my fc3s. acceleration is what gets me.

Comment

Working...
                                X