No announcement yet.
X

Rim Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I suppose the question would be if the disc off the 1100 will fit on the 600 rim.

Edit: Scratch that, the 1100 has a 6 bolt rotor. The 1100 is also a top mounted caliper as opposed to the 600 being a lower mount.
    Last edited by Spinx Haplo; 05-21-2008, 08:32 PM. Reason: found more info

Comment

Great thread
      My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
      Other bikes:
      2 1985 CR500
      1 1987 CR500
      1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by danp2630
        Just checked out your garage pics and was reading your mods, what is involved in putting the 17" gixxer wheels on the Kat? I have a 1988 also and the tire selection sux for 16" wheels. Are they a direct bolt on, clearance probs w/ front fender etc. Thanks for any info you can give!

Stick with something from an air/oil cooled bike if you can, Like an RF900 or 88-92 GSXR1100. The 750s and 600 models can work, all of the front rims are the same just make sure the rear is wide enought for a 180 tire.

The front wheel:
        If you get rims from something with a fat axle you will have to change the bearings to accept the skinny Katana axle. Grab the spedo hook up if you can, however I think the stock Katana hookup can be made to keep out dirt and road grime.
        The front brake rotors will not fit on a 17" rim, so you will most likely need to make an adapter plate since I have not found anything that hooks directly up. By adapter plate I mean take the rotors and calipers off the donor bike and make a plate to fit them to your forks.

The rear wheel:
        They will bolt right up, make sure you get the caliper carrier that came off the donor cycle because that has to match the rear rotor. A rear caliper from the old Kat 600s 88-95 I think should bolt into the stock location.

I hope this helps, I will try to put pictures online.
        01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

Working...
        X