No announcement yet.
X

dyno jet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I understand your situation better now.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
      Its doesnt grind in first, is rides and shifts perfectly. Chris at Pro Stock Perfromance, which is who tuned it told me that it will idle a little high. With a stage three and sucking as much fuel as it is the bike isnt really tuned for idle, its more set for perfomance when riding.... he may be feeding a load of bull but, oh well.
      Yeah , he's feeding you crap . How's it taste ?
      I had pods . I had an 1100rpm-ish idle .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
        Yeah , he's feeding you crap . How's it taste ?
        I had pods . I had an 1100rpm-ish idle .
        At 1100 rpms my oil light kicks on, Id rather not do that. The motor runs great but probaly needs gone through, if I have to run a higher rpm to get a few more years out it Im okay with that.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
          At 1100 rpms my oil light kicks on, Id rather not do that. The motor runs great but probaly needs gone through, if I have to run a higher rpm to get a few more years out it Im okay with that.
          He was stating that as a point that it "can" idle lower with a stage 3...

I never had high idle issues with my stage 3 with pods. Idle, and Mains are 2 different things. If your not twisting the throttle, your not using your jet kit...

I'm still using the pods, and no idle issues.

It's not tuned right if it won't idle below 2k

Krey
          Last edited by Kreylyn; 05-31-2009, 09:42 AM.
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I can set my idle lower, but my oil light comes on around 1500 rpms... . Think my oil pump is getting weak?

Comment

Or is your tach accurate?

Comment

Seems to be, but cant be sure. Id say maybe oil sender, but the motor ticks a bit when the light comes on like it is low on oil pressure.
                Either way Im calling Pro-stock in the morning, I road it tonight and it wants to idle around 2700, I thought I finally had this thing fixed.

Comment

Yeah , um , my oil light goes OFF even before the bike's actually running . I mean , starting it up , once it rotates 2 or 3 times if it still ain't caught , light's already out . I would think that may be cause for concern .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X