No announcement yet.
X

dyno jet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The restricter makes less air go through the slide so the slides will open faster, (Less air to escape and more to push up on the slide) theoretically make better throttle response.

Im curious to see how yours turns out. When I put my kit on, I had the same flat spot, which the kit helped. But the kit also made my bike idle extremely odd, which bigger pilot jets fixed. Bike ran the a rocket but either didnt want to idle, or idled too high.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
      The restricter makes less air go through the slide so the slides will open faster, (Less air to escape and more to push up on the slide) theoretically make better throttle response.

I'm curious to see how yours turns out. When I put my kit on, I had the same flat spot, which the kit helped. But the kit also made my bike idle extremely odd, which bigger pilot jets fixed. Bike ran the a rocket but either didnt want to idle, or idled too high.
      I'm at this point now. What size pilots did you switch to? And did this definitely smooth out your idle? My bike runs fine at different throttle positions but I'm having an idle issue. It started at the beginning of the season and never cleared up. I thought it was old fuel.
      Last edited by Kfreak; 05-24-2009, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Shouldn't be much need to mess with the pilot jets on a near-stock bike .....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yeah, my bike definately isnt stock. To be honest I couldnt tell you what size pilot jets I have. I messed with the adjustments for two weeks before I took it to a local shop. The idle seems a little high to me, around 2k, but I dont want to mess with it since its running so good. Idle fluctuates around 100rpm, but thats no big deal.

Comment

My idle has been erratic since the beginning of the season. I'm going to tear down the carbs and replace everything.

Comment

Forum Moderators - Please move this thread to the mechanics section. The GSX650F doesn't have carburetors.

Comment

Took it for my first extended ride yesterday 120miles. had to adjust the idle twice, but didn't have to make any more adjustments on the way to work this morning. She seams to have a minor rough spot, but now its between 5500 and 6500 (after that she screams) instead of 4k and it's not near as bad as it was. Also the vibration in the right grip above 6k is literally bad enough to make your hand go numb. It has the 120 mains in it now and I'm thinking of going to the 116, because the baffle that was put on prior to my purchasing her is off of a cbr600(I have no idea why they did that), and I'm thinking she is to rich. I will pull the plugs and check them this evening, hopefully.

Comment

I had mine dyno'd with 116's and a full exhaust , and it was a tad rich . So 120's ....... yeah . DJ recommendations run rich . I put 114's in mine . Still not SURE , but it runs ok .

Comment

I don't have any 114s, but I did switch to the 116s last night and she runs much better.

Comment

I had to order my 114's from DJ . 'Bout $20/set if you need to order jets .

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                        Yeah, my bike definately isnt stock. To be honest I couldnt tell you what size pilot jets I have. I messed with the adjustments for two weeks before I took it to a local shop. The idle seems a little high to me, around 2k, but I dont want to mess with it since its running so good. Idle fluctuates around 100rpm, but thats no big deal.
                        I have to jump in here. Don't get me wrong, my bike runs, I have the same idle issue, but 2000 idle rpm's is too high. You have to be grinding into 1st gear from a stop. I'm talkin' in neutral, clutch out then clutch in and put in 1st. I'm in the process of replacing every seal in the carb's along with new clamps. Just waiting for the plugs to the pilot's and seals that link the fuel tee's to the carb's.

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by HemiKat

I was going to let it go, but I have to agree, if it won't idle right below 2k, something is not adjusted right (maybe clip on needle or af screw) or you have a vacuum leak , especially if it's eratic. I went through and cleaned everything and replaced all rubber, and then installed jet kit(With much helpful advice). After that it was just a matter of getting the right jets.
                          Last edited by jfwilliams23; 05-29-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Its doesnt grind in first, is rides and shifts perfectly. Chris at Pro Stock Perfromance, which is who tuned it told me that it will idle a little high. With a stage three and sucking as much fuel as it is the bike isnt really tuned for idle, its more set for perfomance when riding.... he may be feeding a load of bull but, oh well.

Comment

Tuned for performance, ok, but it should still idle. All I have is a stock air box with a Yoshi exhaust. I know my idle problem is worn parts in the carb's plus bad seals from the clamps that are shot and rust in the tank. I'm waiting on parts and cleaning my tank in the mean time. Also at 2000 rpm's, drop it into 1st and it is a hard hit. What have you done to your bike that made it modified?

Comment

Other than the jets, just full sxhuast, K&N pods and 5 degree advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X