• Show
Clear All

• damn those old kats are hot

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
    Then buy one of these and attach it to your $2.00 sticker

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

• Not real keen

Not too sold on the pointy look, but the fuel injection on it would be great. Don't really understand why they didn't keep it as a 750 after these years......

Comment

• I think the new one is ugly. I frankly think it looks wussy. It just looks like a beginner bike for like an old lady. Haha too harsh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          ... The Bandit/GSXF 650 engine hits torque peak at 8900 RPM, but like the Kat, it starts that "rush" about 2.5k earlier -- although it's engineered in such a way that unlike the 88-06 Kats, it's much more linear in power delivery across the range (less of a sudden "rush" sensation, unlike the 7200-9400 RPM rush of a Kat).

Consider this: compare that to a 2009 Fazer FZ6 S2 with the exact same torque-level as the Bandit -- but the Fazer has that peak torque at 10k RPM instead. For an even more extreme difference, consider the FZ1 hitting torque peak at 8K vs. the bandit 1250's 3700 RPM.

For typical "real-world use" for urban and commuter traffic, earlier torque at lower RPM's means more "useable" power -- guys who aren't shooting for going way over the national speed limit before the power of the bike really wants to kick in. Which just happens to be the market niche these particular bikes are actually targeted at.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

Spot on. Im looking for an upgrade to my lovely GS500F, and I do not want a machine that has its 'sweet point' at 8000+ revs. For one reason, I think I've never reached that in my 500. For a bike to be a good touring machine it must be usable at reasonably low revs. PLUS, it prolly cuts down on consumption. I just imagine 'upgrading' from my light, comfortable, cheap (4.5 L/100 Km -some 60 mpg, I guess), and rather torqui bike (at low revs) to this new thing.. no-no.

From what I've seen, i rather wait for Suzuki to get it right. Sure they can !

Comment

• Still out on this bike! What a sorry excuse for a KAT replacement. (and remember this is my own opinion)
            Have yet to see one of these out rolling live on the street. So, am for sure it will be short lived, when Suzuki see's that we aren’t buying it and it is discontinued.
            Maybe they should think about giving us the SV1000 or the TL back to us. But do ya think they are gonna listen to us, about what we think rocks??

I'd rather have a ZZR600.
            It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

• Originally posted by tonikat View Post
              PLUS, it [putting the torque peak low] prolly cuts down on consumption.
              Torque peak virtually always happens at the most fuel-efficient spot in the RPM range. Depending on what the manufacturer does, that could mean anything from 35 to 60 mpg on a 600 - 800cc engine...
              BMW holds the high-ground on fuel-mileage in that segment (F800-series) by using active knock sensors to constantly maximize lean-burn, the only MC factory to currently use that technology as part of the active fueling equation (as verses to using knock sensors only to detect problems that engage an emergency enrichment map).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

• suzuki really dropped the ball on this bike. if it was a 100hp-110hp-750cc bike then i could forgive the gixxer wannabee looks. at the very least they should have had clip ons. now for a first big bike learner bike im sure its fine.and allot better than a gs500 because you probally wouldnt outgrow it as fast. im still waitng on the next katana and i want it all right down to the name KATANA. if suzuki was going to rename,tune a bandit it should have been a 1250. for what ever reason suzuki just doesnt get it.
                Last edited by cameron; 07-01-2009, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• I wish it came in different sizes. Why just a 650? I liked the 600, 750, 1000.

Comment

• Originally posted by tnvatdreamland View Post
                    Still out on this bike! What a sorry excuse for a KAT replacement. (and remember this is my own opinion)
                    Funny, this is exactly what Katana enthusiasts said back in 1988!
                    1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

• Katana!
                      Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

• Went to Barney's and saw the 09 GSXF. A little taller than my KAT and sitting position bit upright.

I did not like it simply because of the L/R signal lights. They are extended. Unlike our Katana's, it is on the fairing. Also, fairing is not my type. I would buy the 05 Katana over this.

Just me... Still like my KATANA
                        KATitoy

Comment

• new GSXF

they should have just made the new GSX a 650 Bandit with fairing avail. the GSX sits identical to the bandit.
                          98 GSX750F Kat
                          07 GSF1250S Bandit (her's)

Comment

• not a big fan either.....
                            sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

• that bike is WAY hotter than the older katanas wooo boy

Comment

• I like the post kat 600s far better then the twin sv 650 ... I do like the SV 1000s but not as much as the buell 1125 cr rotax twin .

Comment

Working...
                                X