X

i dont like the new gsxf 650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh...if I were king!

If we could've just given Suzi our $.02 worth!

Something tells me the engineers of the KR crowd would've shown'em how to shave some pounds off the existing beauty.

CP would've sold’em the rights to his upgrade lists & I would've whined and begged until they caved and threw F.I. and a Kevlar belt final drive on the iron reliable oil cooled platform.

That way they could've kept the Kat badges rolling out of showrooms for another generation and used this new beast for some other platform.

Ahhhhh, fantasies abound!

Maybe in my next life!!!

Comment

I like the style, but it's not what I expected to see in a Katana.

If you go in thinking "Gixxer", it'd certainly disappoint (gixxer is 100lbs lighter, and a lot more hp)

Comment

i like the pre 08 bikes, because the design leans more towards the sportbikes. (in my opinon).

the new gsx650f is more towards the touring machines.

When you look at the bike from the front, it looks soooo skinny. I don't like that.

750 katana 06': Overall Height: 1190mm (46.9 in.)
        650 gsxf 08: Overall Height: 1225 mm (48.2 in.)

Comment

what ever it looks like its got good reviews in most of the magazines over here, its not really a katana, its just a bandit with fairing but what else could they call it? bandit in a dress? or a tartana!
          the future's dark, the future's matt black

Comment

After seeing it yesterday, I am glad I bought my 06 Kat.

Comment

I think the 650 is plain looking I saw it at the motorcycle show and I was not impress by its looks I like katana 98+ looks much better and I not saying that because I own one there a lot of bikes I like because of their looks but the 650 is not one of them
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Think these are going to sell like GSXRs and R6/1s

Comment

Originally posted by Herekittykitty View Post
                  Think these are going to sell like GSXRs and R6/1s
                  A...NO
                  It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

I got on one, and I am not impressed. Now put that engine in a real Kat... maybe that'd work. But the mix of butt ugly and uncomfortable, no thanks.

Comment

I saw one today at my zuki dealer, i think its disgusting. Its basically taking a gsxr and slapping it across the face, then downgrading every feature about it..... boo suzuki... boo

Comment

It fits

Its what Suzuki felt it needed to do give the Ninja 650R some competition... In my book, the SV650 and Ninja 650R can be turned into some real fun and competitive track bikes and the new GSX650F can't. Suzuki tried to develop a good all around bike but in my opinion if they were looking at the newbie market this new bike is way too heavy. Mine wifey has the 2006 Ninja 650r and it was chosen because of the torque ratings and its fairly light. As for fun factor, very fun... I still have my 2006 750 katana for sale but hesitate to put her on a bigger bike... GSXR600 yes, cause its light...
                        "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

On the other hand, Bike UK (or was it TWO) confirmed that the Bandit 1250 water-cooled engine will bolt-in...

Of note: TWO ran a GSX650F 4000 miles in 72 hours on real-roads and posted their riders' impressions (bland, great at just getting the job done, bit vibey in the 7-8k RPM range - smooth as silk everywhere else, headlight is for crap, super comfy, better handling in traffic than the GSX600/750F's, will run an indicated 130).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Maybe I'm just used to seeing slip ons on bikes, but the exhaust can is HUGE!!!! Plus I think the gixxer look is getting kind of generic.....600,750,1000,gsxf650....if you don't know which is which to begin with you're in trouble.
                            Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

I herd it was really uncomfortable ...

Comment

i dont like the weak looking handle bars. i love the fuel injection

Comment

Working...
                                X