X
X

HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those instructions worked well......but now what's the best way to get it back down?I'm fraid it will fall over the other way and there i'll be laying on top the bike.Oh well......guess i won't be ridin' for a while

Comment

• I like to actually get ON the bike and push it forward to get it down again . However , if you're too short , just push it and kinda try to lean it towrad you if you can , but be ready if it tries to knock you over ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Thanks

All I can say is thank you for the instructions! That was so easy once I did it correctly.

Comment

• I kinda like this video - after watching it 2x, I went outside and did it on the 1st shot.

A brief video demonstrating how to put a motorcycle up on its centerstand.

AWESOME!! - Now to wash and wax my baby!!!
          GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickyhj2002
            Those instructions worked well......but now what's the best way to get it back down?I'm fraid it will fall over the other way and there i'll be laying on top the bike.Oh well......guess i won't be ridin' for a while
            I get on the bike and rock it forward. That way it cant fall away from me if i'm standing next to it trying to get it down.
            Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

• ^^ Ditto

Comment

• Originally posted by River
                I kinda like this video - after watching it 2x, I went outside and did it on the 1st shot.

A brief video demonstrating how to put a motorcycle up on its centerstand.

AWESOME!! - Now to wash and wax my baby!!!
                Same here!
                I may not be much to say...Michael Jackson but around here I am the shit!!

Comment

• I'm not sure what techinque I use, I just simply do it. My bike is in a shop right now so I can't go out to try it out, but I think I use my right foot, not my left as sugested in the original post. I would really like to se someone post a video of themselves doing it with the left foot/right arm, maybe it saves me some sweat (I can already see all the wise-ass comments regarding this sentence, but save it - it's not too wity when it's this obvious). All the video links posted utilize method that employs right foot.

Comment

• Personally, I think using the LEFT foot is not a good idea, just for sheer reason of balance.

Comment

• i always use my right foot :shrugs:

Comment

• Great thread - i can know get the bike on the center stand as easy as the kick stand - and thats the honest truth !

Comment

• left foot puts you more towards the rear...and with the right arm...your force is at a diagonal to your spine...less risk of pulling a muscle when you utilize the right hand/foot method.

you can use the right foot...but be carfull with your back is all I am saying.

Comment

• Yeah , I DO feel a little strain in my back using the right foot . But my back has WAY too many miles on it as it is .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Maybe I'm cheating

I have a pair of those short ramps to drive a cars front tires up on when changing your oil. Well, I use one of those and drive up just a little, then I stand on the center stand pedal and as the bike rolls back it comes right up on the center stand.

No huff and puff and no worry about tipping the bike.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Re: Maybe I'm cheating

Originally posted by AirForce1
                                I have a pair of those short ramps to drive a cars front tires up on when changing your oil. Well, I use one of those and drive up just a little, then I stand on the center stand pedal and as the bike rolls back it comes right up on the center stand.

No huff and puff and no worry about tipping the bike.
                                great idea...do you just bungie cord it to the tail and ride around with it or do you just do this at your house?

Comment

Working...
                                X