X
X

HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried for 15 min. the other day to get my 1100 on the centerstand and what a pain. and I am 6'4" 225lbs. I just read all these post, so I went out and FIRST try it is up. lol now I feel stupid it was easy. thanks for the advice. It works.
    lol ok now i feel like an infomercial

Comment

Man, that was easy, thanks.

Comment

Sheeeeeh!

Sheeeeeh! I don't know why everyone feels the need to post up that they were able to get this.... oh yeah, by the way, I was finally able to get this. b Thanks a million Range!!!
        2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
        2008 GSXR 600

Comment

yea some pics to help those w/ little imagination

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread!! I'm a new rider and found this info to be very useful. Before I read this, I was having a lot of trouble doing this, and just settled for the kick stand...lol.

Comment

Great piece of advice
              Watch for your Guardian Angel
              750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

...and nobody has sent me my $5 yet.

you all are a bunch of cheap bastages!

I am going to make it my goal in life to knock over any Katana on a centerstand!

Comment

I have bad news for you Range, the KAT manual had already explained it! Great tip; I didn't know so many people didn't know how to do this. It seems that people thought that they had to roll the bike back and and lift it up. All they had to do is keep the bike straight and step hard on the stand. The stand does all the work.

Comment

here is a more detail video link on how to:
                    How to put a motorcycle on the centerstand with a minimum amount of effort.

Comment

• Great advice!

Comment

• Just one note

I grab the bar with my left hand and use that to pull back while pushing down with my foot and lifting up with my right hand on the tie down bar. I'm not a big person so I need this extra leverage.

P.S. - the main reason I'm posting to this old thread is I need 10 posts in order to access extra areas of the group.

Comment

• Re: Just one note

Originally posted by GregS
                          P.S. - the main reason I'm posting to this old thread is I need 10 posts in order to access extra areas of the group.
                          Why do people feel the need to tell us that?
                          Why not welcome a bunch of new members?

Comment

• Hah, when I bought my 750 Kat, i couldn't put it on centerstand. Mainly because I hadn't owned a bike before and didn't know how it's done. Tried about half an hour on my own and got it on centerstand with just pure strenght, after five times of almost falling. But lukily my father, old motorcycle man, showed me the trick. So I tried and it worked, just couldn't belive how easily it goes.

Comment

• the MOM gave excellent instructions

Comment

• finally i got my bike up on the centerstand ive been trying for over a month now it was so easy and the bike is so much sturdier for now on this will be her sexxy position
                                Driving a car is like watching a movie. Riding a bike is like starring in one.

Comment

Working...
                                X