X
X

HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not easy?! I'm having trouble not throwing the bike around anymore. It's become second nature to put that thing up. I never leave it on the side stand anymore.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

thank you, thank you, thank you

after 3 years i can finally do this, and learned it on 2nd try once i read the trick

Comment

After a few trys, I also put mine up on the centerstand. I'm at most 140lbs(soaking wet ), so if anyone needs video proof of us small people doing this, I'd be happy to make a vid.

-Justin
        '89 Conquest TSi :: '01 GSX 600F Katana :: '02 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Comment

Thanks and yes it should be in the manual - just as Suzuki discontinues the Katana! Grrr.......but thanks, Range.

Comment

hahaha! i got this down pretty good! hella easy! lol! haha finally!

Comment

After two attempts. I got it. Thanks
              "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

yes...you can use either foot...but for some people...using the left foot FORCES them further back to help "lift" the tail, as opposed to "pull" the bars (which is WRONG). It also helps align the spine so you don't twist your back.

someone mentioned what exactally "rocking" does...it helps some people to feel the two feet.

Remember...as long as you are pushing down...the bike will not fall over, as long as the ground is level.

If you can still not get your bike up.....please post up...SOMEONE will probably be close enough to show you...it is not impossible.

Comment

I could do it when the fuel tank is almost empty. I'm having trouble when it's full tank. I guess I must practice. I'm only 160 lbs about 5'10.

Comment

Originally posted by asbury
                    I could do it when the fuel tank is almost empty. I'm having trouble when it's full tank. I guess I must practice. I'm only 160 lbs about 5'10.
                    Dont't pull... Just lift up with the right hand on the left cargo bar... while you plant the center stand into the ground with your left foot... don't let it up... and it pivots up on it... simple... No pulling...
                    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by asbury
                      Dude , I'm aboot 150 and 5'11" , and I've done it with a broken toe , broken thumb , and all kinds of other crap . It's NOT that hard . If it is , you're doing it wrong . I can get my little sister who's all of 100lbs to ALMOST get it . I showed her what to do , and held the back of the bike . When it was ALMOST up , I gave the grab bar a lil tug , and it popped right up .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Genius! It worked perfect! Thanks!
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Just curious, but where exactly would the center stand be if I had one? Pretty sure that when I bought it, there was no center stand. Either that, or I am very confused.

Comment

On the very bottom center of of the bike by the kickstand. You can't miss it. It is longer on the left side too. I was fighting with the damn thing to get it to go up until I read this. So easy now!
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by LordKeryth
                              Just curious, but where exactly would the center stand be if I had one? Pretty sure that when I bought it, there was no center stand. Either that, or I am very confused.
                              The previous owner of your bike may have removed it. Lots of people remove it, especially if they plan to do track days or ride alot of twisties.

Personally I wouldnt part with mine, its way too handy for maintanence and detailing.

Comment

I only use the side stand as a temporary hold while warming the bike up. Every other time, I use the center stand. It's a breeze.

Comment

Working...
                                X