X

Ride defensively

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride defensively

This old hag about took me out. No turn signal, didn't check her mirrors(I wasn't in a blind spot) and didn't care when I pulled up next to her at the light.

Also, this is why I always have a dash camera. They always try to blame the rider.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69IZ1RZbas0"]Dumb bitch - YouTube[/ame]

Part of the world we ride in. Trust me, it won't be your last time.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Ya people don't look and are dumbasses. Good thing it was only close. Could have been worse!

Comment

Stupid cagers, sure hope I'm more conscious when I drive my cage.
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

happens all the time. Good to see that you had plenty of space this time.

Comment

Sometimes I just want to drag someone out of their cage and try to run them over with their own car and see how much they like the feeling. Ugh.

Comment

Yes. Happens all the time. I was doing 80+ and an 18-wheeler ran a stop sign on a feeder road to my left. I rode along on the shoulder beside his third tire until I could find sand to ditch in. I wound up safe, looking at the sky. He never saw me. I'm surprised you didn't flip her off. I used to do that when people on the highway tailgated me. I later stopped doing it though. It was bad karma.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Great footage. Smart that you record too. Cameras don't lie.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

there is a part of me that would of screamed kick her door panel in, then i would silently just hope she ran into a ditch

in all seriousness i ride with the mentality that people suck and always try to leave as much space between me and any car
                  Last edited by blitz2190; 07-23-2013, 01:24 PM.
                  never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                  Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                  confused katana build

Comment

I had less room than you think. The camera is positioned in front of my left knee, not on the fender.

But I always try to speed up or slow down to avoid being next to a vehicle. In this case I was speeding up, slowly, to get passed her but I had to turn at the next light so I couldn't just punch it. I've never been down and hope to continue that trend. Its been 9 years since I started riding on the street. I'm wishing for another 90 of trouble free cruising with the shiny side up.

Comment

I just started riding street last year and so far had about 7 of close calls, and one of those was a guy in his early 60's. On a 2 lane road, driving the same direction as me(south if I remember correctly) decided he was going to pass me on the right hand side. I totally did not expect it, and I didn't handle the situation as well as you did so .

Riding dirt for many years I didn't have to worry about cagers, but now is a whole new ball game and you have to drive as if every cager is out to get you.

Ride safe.
                      2002 750 Kat
                      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
                        you have to drive as if every cager is out to get you
                        Absolutely right. Some more than others, but I'm not going to get into that minefield.

One of my strict rules for being on alert is: Shit car = shit driver. Any small hatchback makes me wary, I know that the steering wheel attendant within has no interest in driving and has never heard the term "roadcraft". They probably wouldn't be able to spell it.
                        Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

my closest with a cager was on the highway doin around 70-75 an it was a brand new white Subaru wrx an he was following a semi but as soon as I got next to his rear quarter panel he decided to jump into my lane. I got hard on the brakes an dropped a gear as I weaved left a bit. Once he was in front of me he saw me in his rear view mirror an got over immediately after the semi. Then I got right next to his door an he wouldn't look at my pretty "bird" I was tryin to flip him so since his window was down I pulled in the clutch while my exhaust was about even with his window an gave him an 11k rpm screaming then I felt better.
                          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Shoot, just the other day, I had a full size truck just get over in my lane as I was right next to it. I ALWAYS leave plenty of room on all sides of me so I was able to almost panaic stop from 70mph and move over in my lane to avoid getting hit. I'm sure he saw me when I passed him!! But, I guess this kinda goes with the territory.

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
                              I just started riding street last year and so far had about 7 of close calls, and one of those was a guy in his early 60's. On a 2 lane road, driving the same direction as me(south if I remember correctly) decided he was going to pass me on the right hand side. I totally did not expect it, and I didn't handle the situation as well as you did so .

Riding dirt for many years I didn't have to worry about cagers, but now is a whole new ball game and you have to drive as if every cager is out to get you.

Ride safe.
                              I got hit by a car that decided to past me on the right shoulder as I was turning right! I saw him in my right mirror coming and then he hit my back tire and left me in the road. My bike body slammed me and broke my right scapula and damaged two vertebrae. A Camaro slammed on his brakes and I could feel the heat from his radiator on my neck!

Comment

Working...
                              X