No announcement yet.
X

New rider..help with wind issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usually if the wind is up i slow down. the katana fairing is like a flying sail. it catches a ton of wind becuase a cross wind cant blow through the body of the bike which causes wind resistance which causes course changes.
    im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by DocCannabis View Post
      +1 I did mine in September and don't regret it one bit, I even had to a pay $180 for it here in Oregon and still can't complain. Very educational and your confidence takes a nice leap as well which is comforting when you ride
      I don't regret taking the safety course either but here in Ontario, Canada the course is just over $400 with tax.

[QUOTE][Brocher +1 relax,grip with your knees and lean forward will help with crosswinds as well as giving you confidence coming up behind trucks and other motorised house bricks that mash the air you're entering! Might be a good idea to pay for a local m'cycle course to help with your posture and general riding./QUOTE]

+1^^^^^^
      2002 750 Kat
      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

I live within viewing distance of the 2nd windiest place in N. America- Slide Mountain. The road from Carson City to Reno often is off limits to trucks, but some ignore the sign and flip over. Once, in my jetta, a bedroom door from a building site 500' away flew over my hood!

Driving the kat 1100 is a wretched experience in winds above 40mph. We get gusts where you'll lean to one side to compensate and the wind will either disappear or suddenly get twice as worse.
        For these occassions, I stay in the slow lane and ignore people behind me who think I am driving too slow. Speed limit is 70mph, I have had times when I had to go as slow as 50mph because it was just too damn dangerous to go faster.
        Curiously, my massive C14 is rock solid in the winds, much more stable than the Kat 1100.
        I say just slow down.

Comment

Working...
        X