X

Sticking choke.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking choke.

I had the choke out when I started the bike and when I put it back in it had no effect.

What can I do to try and resolve this problem?

Thanks

Originally posted by mike_morley View Post
    I had the choke out when I started the bike and when I put it back in it had no effect.

What can I do to try and resolve this problem?

Thanks

Remove the tank, disconnect the choke cable from the carbs and handlebar. Pull it out, and inspect fully to make sure it's working correctly. Not hanging, grabbing, and using 2 fingers on one end you can easily and freely move it back and forther in the sheath. If not, clean and lube... if that doens't fix it, then replace.

If not the cable (it's working fine) then check the rail the cable attatched too to make sure it's not bent. If not bent, move it back and forth. If it does not close on it's own when you "open" the choke levers, then you have sticking plungers. Most likely due to corrosion or deposits. This means you need to seriously clean the carbs.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Until you can do what Kreylyn said, if you just want to get it to start, you can put a zip tie on the side of it, accessible from the left fairing hole behind the petcock, and manually push it to the right to turn it off if it is sticky.

Comment

Working...
      X