X
X

Stuck at a Signal Light ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I recall correctly. Traffic know when to change when they detect a certain amount of metal. Motorcycles don't have enough metal to be detected.

It's the same reason why when you aren't on a motorcycle and just walking in the street lights don't change. They have nothing to do with motion or weight.

From what I'm aware as others have posted adding high concentrated magnets to your bike will eliminate the problem.
    "...Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams" W.B. Yeats

Comment

• Simply look for cops and cameras and pull out when it's safe.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• in some states is legal to run the light after a certain amount of time. for example in OK you can run the light after 60secs and the light has not changed.

however, the trick to getting the light to change is simple. as port8080 said, the light changes after the "pad" in the ground detects a large amount of metal above it.

the pad is simply a wire in the cement that detects a electromagnetic interference aka, a car. motorcycle's aren't big enough to "trip' them. the solution? look for the pad, usually rectangle or diamond shape and stop directly over them wire.
        2002 GSX600

Comment

• When I typed in Motorcycle Traffic magnet into google this was one of the first sites that came up.

Newslot88 ialah situs judi slot online yang sangat mudah menang hanya perlu dimainkan selama 5 menit pasti lagsung maxwin bisa deposit dengan bank apa saja via pulsa dan juga dana.

They sell magnets that attach to the bottom fairing to disrupt the traffic signal so the light knows to change.

Comment

• Does anyone have experience with them or are they just snake oil? If a super-strong magnet is all you need, get one out of an old hard drive. Those things are nuts.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• I have no experience using any type of magnets or even with the site I posted. I just thought it to be a helpful link.

I am 100% positive that magnets will work. However, I'm not quite sure if any old pizza hut fridge magnet will lol.

The ones on the site I posted are supposed to come with mounting equipment like zip ties?

Maybe someone else knows of a better site? with pictures?

Comment

• I've seen them forsale at a few bike shops, may have to give one a go see if it actually works.
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• Who needs zip ties? Just let the magnet attach to your steel wheels with a 'clunk.' Then the least of your worries will be if the light turns green.
                  =USAF= Retired

Comment

• What did u eventually do?

Anybody know a good place to find these magnets?
                    Last edited by turbine17; 06-21-2011, 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• IF the light doesnt turn green after a few minutes just go. if u get pulled over, claim a faulty traffic light in court.
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

• almost every couple/few rides, i need to run a light... no biggi...
                        "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                        2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Originally posted by Nero View Post
                          Does anyone have experience with them or are they just snake oil? If a super-strong magnet is all you need, get one out of an old hard drive. Those things are nuts.
                          was thinking that but want to hide it a little better. Like getting a set of Bucky balls and blend them into the body when I redo it. Probably don't have to worry about it all that much though

Comment

• Great stuff thax. I have yet to be stuck i usually run it!!! But i will try a different technikk lol!
                            Its not that i don't care... wait , that's exactly what is!!

Comment

• thanks for the info! this should be useful!

Comment

• Magnetic fields are generated by your bikes charging system. It can help to bring up the rpm until the light triggers. This works for me in almost every intersection even on my old 1966 c100 50cc with A 6 volt charging system.

Comment

Working...
                                X