Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Why am I not comfortable taking corners at speed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
    Not sure what the "57 freeway" is or what it looks like...... but if it's what we call a major Hwy... (401, 402, 407 etc) there shouldn't be a real need to move your azz off the seat even on bursts of 150+ mph.
    I know the 57 freeway well and it puts me to sleep!
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
      We were on the way to lunch. Did it look like any of us had missed many meals?
      I can confirm we rarely miss a meal. In fact, most rides involve going to, or returning from food
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

been riding a little over 1200 miles now and getting more and more comfortable with corners. Have been doubling most posted speeds for turns when they're showed. Getting more and more fun with each twist!
        2001 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
          I find it's more of a balance thing to lean in, the corners I take at speed are the sweepers of the 57 freeway and just trying to stay in my lane whilst at freeway speeds without feeling like I'm going to die immediately.

Honestly, I felt like my bike is less stable and handles worse all prone'd out like some Moto GP wannabe. I'm glad it doesn't improve riding because it's damn uncomfortable.

Speaking from a new rider's perspective here, not a lot of what in this thread has been useful.
          You need to come down my way then to find out what real twisties are!!
          sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
          MSF Rider Coach 27028
          MoPowerSports.com
          Torco
          SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Working...
          X